What happens if you missed a GCSE exam? Watch

Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
With medical evidence and severe circumstances.....say you actually went to school for the exam but the ambulance comes to get you instead?
Last edited by Zoeyyyyyyyy; 5 days ago
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
BUMP
Keri00Summers
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
My teachers have told that if you are unable to do your GCSE's then they will/might use your Mock grades in place of the actual grade...
emilynxlan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I missed my religion exam last year and they just asked for a medical note from the doctor. Similarly, my friend just needed a hospital note when he missed his T3 exam in January last year.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilynxlan)
I missed my religion exam last year and they just asked for a medical note from the doctor. Similarly, my friend just needed a hospital note when he missed his T3 exam in January last year.
Did you redo it then? Were your mock/predicted grades used?
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
My teachers have told that if you are unable to do your GCSE's then they will/might use your Mock grades in place of the actual grade...
Okay thank you
Keri00Summers
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I think your actual mocks grade will be used if you have an actual reason that you have missed the exams
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
I think your actual mocks grade will be used if you have an actual reason that you have missed the exams
Okay....but I had two sets of mocks.....got 8 in one 6 in other
Keri00Summers
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The one used in your reports

(Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
Okay....but I had two sets of mocks.....got 8 in one 6 in other
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
The one used in your reports
But i've missed one paper..still have other one to do (Sigh of relief)
On my report its 7+
Keri00Summers
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The Exam board might use that grade if your reason is valid - e.g) your medical issue
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
The Exam board might use that grade if your reason is valid - e.g) your medical issue
Can i PM you my issue and plz would you tell me if you think its valid
Keri00Summers
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
sure
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
With medical evidence and severe circumstances.....say you actually went to school for the exam but the ambulance comes to get you instead?
You would get 0 marks for that paper but could be awarded a grade for the subject based on the result you achieve in a second paper for that subject (if there is one). You can't be awarded a grade based on internal mock exam results. The rules and procedure to apply for special consideration can be found on the JCQ web site. Talk to your exams office and they will explain what is happening.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by gdunne42; 5 days ago
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
You would get 0 marks for that paper but could be awarded a grade for the subject based on the result you achieve in a second paper for that subject (if there is one). You can't be awarded a grade based on internal mock exam results. The rules and procedure to apply for special consideration can be found on the JCQ web site. Talk to your exams office and they will explain what is happening.
Thank goodness there is a second paper then
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thank goodness there is a second paper then
Good luck with the second paper, hope your problems are sorted out and you achieve the grade you deserve.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
Good luck with the second paper, hope your problems are sorted out and you achieve the grade you deserve.
Quite upsetting really....really wanted an 8-8 (is this still possible?):cry2:
Strelzo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I wonder if it's the same as what happens down here in Scotland. As far as I'm concerned, they look at all of your class tests, and base what grade you would have achieved in the final exam. I remember discussing it with a teacher, and they said even if you were an A student (say at 75% or something) you would be put down to a B or something, regardless if you'd have known your performance to live up to that of an A candidate's standard. I think the only time they'd give you the exact grade you worked at in class would be if you were getting 90+% on every test for a particular subject, they couldn't just mark you down as a B, because that wouldn't make sense whatsoever.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Strelzo)
I wonder if it's the same as what happens down here in Scotland. As far as I'm concerned, they look at all of your class tests, and base what grade you would have achieved in the final exam. I remember discussing it with a teacher, and they said even if you were an A student (say at 75% or something) you would be put down to a B or something, regardless if you'd have known your performance to live up to that of an A candidate's standard. I think the only time they'd give you the exact grade you worked at in class would be if you were getting 90+% on every test for a particular subject, they couldn't just mark you down as a B, because that wouldn't make sense whatsoever.
Thanks for replying .....the thing I was working on 7 and 8's (A/A*'s)...would be gutted if I don't get them
Strelzo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thanks for replying .....the thing I was working on 7 and 8's (A/A*'s)...would be gutted if I don't get them
You sound like a dedicated student, and I remember something about someone saying there was a paper 2? Do excellent in that, and that should show them your efforts would have portrayed in the first paper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (353)
30.67%
The paper was reasonable (461)
40.05%
Not feeling great about that exam... (198)
17.2%
It was TERRIBLE (139)
12.08%

Watched Threads