I need some advice on revision Watch

Huckipity
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So I'm currently in year 11, which of course means I'm sitting my GCSE exams in the upcoming weeks. Now I'm a fairly academic student in most subjects apart from a couple (English and French), however I have a serious issue which I've no idea what to do about. Basically, I find it so hard to bring myself to my desk and revise for some subjects and I'm really not sure why. This is something I really hate about myself, and I literally have an actual French exam tomorrow, yet I'm still playing games on my PC and watching YouTube :/

I definitely find it easier to study for some subjects such as Science and Maths as I enjoy them and are good at them, however I have no self discipline to revise for others subjects. The worst thing is, is that I hope to study Medicine in the future, but my lack of discipline is going to affect my grades and therefore ruin my chances. I tried going to the doctors about it and said I always procrastinate, but they basically just said it's normal

Please can someone give me some advice on how to discipline myself because I genuinely want to do well, but my mindset puts me off. Maybe I'm suffering from something or have depression as procrastination is often linked with underlying causes such as anxiety and depression.

Please help
mudmuggleblood
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You need to put down those games and start revising your french!! 🤣

But for real you just have to set yourself a goal . That is how I got through GCSEs. Hated all subjects apart from maths and science but I knew if I wanted to study medicine I needed to get GOOD grades at my GCSEs ( some unis for medicine rank your GCSEs grades as well) cause the field is hellllla competitive.

You need to change your mindset for yourself ..you know what you want to do and I know you know what you need to get there so you have to put in those efforts now cause if you don’t you might (will) regret it later down the line
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Huckipity
Rep:
?
(Original post by mudmuggleblood)
You need to put down those games and start revising your french!! 🤣

But for real you just have to set yourself a goal . That is how I got through GCSEs. Hated all subjects apart from maths and science but I knew if I wanted to study medicine I needed to get GOOD grades at my GCSEs ( some unis for medicine rank your GCSEs grades as well) cause the field is hellllla competitive.

You need to change your mindset for yourself ..you know what you want to do and I know you know what you need to get there so you have to put in those efforts now cause if you don’t you might (will) regret it later down the line
Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, what did you get at GCSE?
mudmuggleblood
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Maths -8
English language-7
English lit-8
Maths -A
Triple science -A*
Additional science -A*
Core Science -A
History -C(lol I cried at this ahah )
French -A
Computer science -A
Health and social care -distinction
Huckipity
Rep:
?
Maths -8
English language-7
English lit-8
Maths -A
Triple science -A*
Additional science -A*
Core Science -A
History -C(lol I cried at this ahah )
French -A
Computer science -A
Health and social care -distinction
Wow, those are some pretty good results. How much a day were you doing at this point in time in terms of revision?
mudmuggleblood
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Huckipity)
Wow, those are some pretty good results. How much a day were you doing at this point in time in terms of revision?
Thank you

I remember at this time I was just doing past papers .
The mark schemes were my best friends .

I did most of my revision during morning time because rowdy house so got back from school around 4 then did some till 8 (with breaks in between) and then went to sleep and woke up at 3 and then did some until I had school. ( I didn’t do this every day though ... I too had some days where I just couldn’t be bothered or I was just tired ) jar have to regain strength and power through

Though we had study leave .. I went into school anyways cause it was just more efficient for me
Huckipity
Rep:
?
Thank you

I remember at this time I was just doing past papers .
The mark schemes were my best friends .

I did most of my revision during morning time because rowdy house so got back from school around 4 then did some till 8 (with breaks in between) and then went to sleep and woke up at 3 and then did some until I had school. ( I didn’t do this every day though ... I too had some days where I just couldn’t be bothered or I was just tired ) jar have to regain strength and power through

Though we had study leave .. I went into school anyways cause it was just more efficient for me
I too have study leave. I'm gonna try waking up early tomorrow to see if it works. Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (352)
30.64%
The paper was reasonable (460)
40.03%
Not feeling great about that exam... (198)
17.23%
It was TERRIBLE (139)
12.1%

Watched Threads