Gcse's + Fasting = Headaches? helppppp

Watch
gcsestruggle
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Everyday when around 5pm to 9pm i get killer headaches, it might be because im fasting and doing exams idk. Anyone else get headaches too? What can i do to stop them or make them more bearable?
Nautilus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not what you want to hear, but drink some water. I get horrific headaches if I am dehydrated.
_bxrri_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try stopping revision at a certain tine each night to give yourself a break. You also need lots of sleep
gcsestruggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nautilus)
Not what you want to hear, but drink some water. I get horrific headaches if I am dehydrated.
Thats honestly the first thing i thought of, and i do try and drink 2 litres of water a day (lol not saying it always happens but i try). Thanks for the advice, appreciate it
Jeff245
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I get headaches after 5pm so yeah
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just eat and pass your exams. They are more important.
gcsestruggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by _bxrri_)
Try stopping revision at a certain tine each night to give yourself a break. You also need lots of sleep
I've given up on revising in the afternoon, i usually just do chores and stuff then. I revise in the morning, but its just so annoying having a headache every evening
gcsestruggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
=> Fasting = Headaches - Gcses

Notice the -Gcses
hahahaha
gcsestruggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jeff245)
I get headaches after 5pm so yeah
Are you currently fasting?
Kharazift
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey 😁 don't worry, you're not the only one! Try this! it's called kool n soothe and you can get it from tescos, asda, superdrug etc, they work so well especially during Ramadan when you can exactly just take paracetamol. but also get some sleep! Don't lose sleep over your GCSEs! work hard, sleep well and inshallah it will all work out for you <3Name:  Screenshot_20190517-034947_Chrome-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  100.5 KB
nct_dream
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gcsestruggle)
Everyday when around 5pm to 9pm i get killer headaches, it might be because im fasting and doing exams idk. Anyone else get headaches too? What can i do to stop them or make them more bearable?
Same, I also begin to feel week, especially during todays chemistry exam, however as the days pass I am able to concentrate better as my system is being cleaned etc. So at Suhoor make sure to drink plenty of water and during iftar, at first you will get headaches etc and yeah it is very hard but as the days progress your body will become adjusted to it! Don't worry about it just make sure to stay hydrated, you will do amazing in your exams!
gcsestruggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kharazift)
Hey 😁 don't worry, you're not the only one! Try this! it's called kool n soothe and you can get it from tescos, asda, superdrug etc, they work so well especially during Ramadan when you can exactly just take paracetamol. but also get some sleep! Don't lose sleep over your GCSEs! work hard, sleep well and inshallah it will all work out for you <3Name:  Screenshot_20190517-034947_Chrome-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 90
Size:  100.5 KB
Awww thank you so much, great advice . I'll be sure to try it out
gcsestruggle
Rep:
?
(Original post by nct_dream)
Same, I also begin to feel week, especially during todays chemistry exam, however as the days pass I am able to concentrate better as my system is being cleaned etc. So at Suhoor make sure to drink plenty of water and during iftar, at first you will get headaches etc and yeah it is very hard but as the days progress your body will become adjusted to it! Don't worry about it just make sure to stay hydrated, you will do amazing in your exams!
Sammee, in the English exam i was struggling. Lets hope we are able to keep all the fasts, besides headaches i really do love fasting. Thank you for the advice
Ps- is that an Nct fan i see, haha
nct_dream
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sammee, in the English exam i was struggling. Lets hope we are able to keep all the fasts, besides headaches i really do love fasting. Thank you for the advice
Ps- is that an Nct fan i see, haha
No problem and yes haha i'm an nctzen, insha"allah we can keep many fasts, and hopefully our upcoming exams are not too difficult, we have made it this far, we can go on!
esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's an extremely tricky scenario. But after hours of thought, I might have an answer.

Set fasting = 0 => GCSE = headache. Nobody blames you for getting a headache from GCSEs.
Jeff245
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you currently fasting?
yes
annoymous_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
at sehri give yourself a lot time to drink a lottttt of water. And if the headache becomes unbearable just break your fast. I had my GCSES last year and after school I would die from my headache so I would Always sleep until iftar and then revised form taraweeh to fajr. But the times it was so bad I just broke the fast and kept them later
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
try and nap throughout the day if you're able to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (9)
18.37%
No one else does (20)
40.82%
I'm embarrassed about my background (6)
12.24%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (12)
24.49%
We don't use a video platform (1)
2.04%
I don't have a camera (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed