The Student Room Group

stressed about gcse English mistake...

So yesterday I did my paper 1 and in the writing booklet, I didn't fill in the small box with my question number because I forgot. On the other hand, I wrote clearly before my essay 'Macbeth:' so the examiner knows what to mark, but I've heard they scan the papers. My friends and classmates have sort of scared me telling me they won't accept my paper! Idk, I'm so scared has this ever happened to anyone?
Original post by miss_ambitious
So yesterday I did my paper 1 and in the writing booklet, I didn't fill in the small box with my question number because I forgot. On the other hand, I wrote clearly before my essay 'Macbeth:' so the examiner knows what to mark, but I've heard they scan the papers. My friends and classmates have sort of scared me telling me they won't accept my paper! Idk, I'm so scared has this ever happened to anyone?

It really doesn't matter. Your paper will be marked, don't worry.
Reply 2
It has happened not to me specifically, for what I know, if no box is ticked the examiner will judge which one is the one that you wanted to do by your writing although they naught mark you down a bit, but they will accept your paper and mark it!!
Hope it made u feel better :smile:
Well you learned your lesson! Theres no point stressing, it isn't going to make you go back in time to do that. But to be fair, I only recall them telling us to write the number once, and other things like your name, which is really obvious, they say like 5 times not to forget to.
Reply 4
Yes know someone it happened to 2 years ago. Exactly the same as you- forgot to put the number but headed it up Macbeth etc. It was fine he got a 6 in the English Lit exam. Don't worry.
Original post by miss_ambitious

Ignore your friends. They mark probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of scripts each year. An examiner who has marked many scripts will know exactly which question you are trying to answer.

I normally fill in boxes on the front sheet at the end of exam as im checking.

I also label each essay as im writing it, with the number in the margin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending