The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
affinity89
As mentioned, for the future it is worth getting a provisional license.

I got mine when I turned 17 and was able to use it to get in straight away. I'm almost 19 now and still haven't started to learn to drive (actually want a motorbike but nevermind) but I always have it with me for buying stuff you need ID for. It is worth the £40ish quid just for the peace of mind.

Anyway, enjoy yourself.

=D

You were able to use it straight away... at 17?
sammyrj
You were able to use it straight away... at 17?

Yes.

At the bars and pubs my friends and I go, if they actually asked (which on the whole they didn't) if you showed it too them, they either a) accept you must be 18 to risk showing it them and serve you; b) "check it" and serve you.

I would never have thought of doing it but all my friends were and it worked everytime.

Not that I would recommend underage drinking of course lol.

=D
Forms of ID that are acceptable is anything with a photo and your date of birth on it.

-Birth Certificate
-Connexions card
-Provisional drivers license
-Drivers license
-Citizencard
Reply 23
Jordan1990
Forms of ID that are acceptable is anything with a photo and your date of birth on it.

-Birth Certificate

Have I missed something or do these not have photos on them?:confused:

so if you don't drive or plan on driving (and so don't have a provisional) you pretty much have to take your passport as ID?

Unfortunately. It means for people like me, who aren't allowed to drive for medical reasons, we have to spend £72 just to get decent ID.:mad:
Reply 24
Nearly all venues current passport or provisional/full drivers licence.

Its down to the door staff to choice what they wish to accept. Due to the number of people having fake NUS cards, student ID's and the ease of getting a PASS sponsored card whilst being still underage they're not accepted. Also means that any fake/tampered/altered passports or drivers licence is an automatic complete criminal offence.
Titch89
Have I missed something or do these not have photos on them?:confused:

Unfortunately. It means for people like me, who aren't allowed to drive for medical reasons, we have to spend £72 just to get decent ID.:mad:

sorry i meant passports lol
For some reason i wrote birth certificate

BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!
Reply 26
Having worked for an organisation issuing PASS hologram cards, I can assure you that most clubs will laugh you in the face if you try to use one as ID.

Stick with the only two official government ones - Passport / Driving license.
Reply 27
To be fair, if you get turned away from "Sound", it's hardly a negative development in your night.
hi all i found this thread through Google so i thought id ask in here ive lost my provisional driving license and i dont have a passport as im scared of flying, so does this mean that although im 18 i wont be able to get into nightclubs as i dont have the money to get a replacement provisinal license which could be a long time as i dont have the money to get a replacement.

thanks for any replies.
does anybody know if ill be able to get into nightclubs without my provisional license. please can someone tell me as im planning on going out this weekend
It's only illegal if you are trying to leave the country not to go in a bar! I use my old one all the time and some places do look at it a bit longer but they are fine :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending