CIE or Edexcel A level? Watch

RMmeis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is it better to choose CIE or Edexcel for international AS and A2? Im planning to take biology, chemistry, maths (and maybe physics). What are the differences between them in terms of exam style, syllabus and difficulty? Plus, which has more resources (more convenient to study)? Is it true that the new specifications in edexcel are harder so should i choose CIE instead?
Last edited by RMmeis; 4 weeks ago
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
mioxne
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In my experience edexcel has always been the easier exam board. CIE are pretty content heavy, particularly for biology... and my boyfriend finds CIE maths much harder than edexcel maths. CIE tend to have more practical exams in the sciences aswell.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (175)
32.17%
The paper was reasonable (269)
49.45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (59)
10.85%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
7.54%

Watched Threads