How to revise effectively during the span 2 days?

Watch
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Just finished the first week of GCSEs and got some nice experience that I really shouldn't revise the night before (-_- )

My next exams are:
-RS Paper 2 (Buddhism)
-Geography Paper 1
-Maths Paper 1
-Physics Paper 1
-English Lit (A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls and Unseen Poetry)

Today til Sunday will be a busy week but I want it to be effective so that I'm actually getting the info in my head and not just copying from my revision guide. I can't do Past papers as I haven't actually learnt the content.

Any advice please?
Loshuevosftw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
How is it that you have Inspector calls and Christmas carol? I thought it was just meant to be 1 text lol

I would say get ur revision guide and make a mindmap for each topic, then move on to another subject and do the same thing,, and then come back to the 1st subject and try and do the mindmaps again from memory (with little subject titles given e.g Mrs Birling) thats usually what i do when I havent revised and it works pretty well
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by Loshuevosftw)
How is it that you have Inspector calls and Christmas carol? I thought it was just meant to be 1 text lol

I would say get ur revision guide and make a mindmap for each topic, then move on to another subject and do the same thing,, and then come back to the 1st subject and try and do the mindmaps again from memory (with little subject titles given e.g Mrs Birling) thats usually what i do when I havent revised and it works pretty well
Thank you! I'm not sure why? We have them all in one sitting, Macbeth and Poetry was on Wednesday.
username3774332
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
had today off. been procrasinating since 9am.

Spoiler:
Show
i'm truly fu****
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
sameeee! ive only done 2 hours big oof
(Original post by Rid The Kid)
had today off. been procrasinating since 9am.

Spoiler:
Show
i'm truly fu****
username3774332
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Coolkitkat23)
sameeee! ive only done 2 hours big oof
im so surprised exams weren't as big as every said they were. but next week with my 5 exams im actually going to fail.
angrybear247
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
you lot are lucky... imagine i have 11 exams next week.
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
im not looking forward to english lit and geography, but otherwise maths,physics business are my favourite subjects!
(Original post by Rid The Kid)
im so surprised exams weren't as big as every said they were. but next week with my 5 exams im actually going to fail.
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
wow what are the subjects?
(Original post by angrybear247)
SchmuckOff
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Dude we're actually the same, but I like geography as well
im not looking forward to english lit and geography, but otherwise maths,physics business are my favourite subjects!
Anthos
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Maths and Geography together next Tuesday. I cannot find anyone else who does OCR A Geography! Just me?
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
how do you like geography? what do you do dude? i got a 5 in the mocks... i got a 9 in the physics,business mock and 7 in maths, so im hoping to get an 8.
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
Dude we're actually the same, but I like geography as well
HateSchx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
So glad I only get one gcse this year
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anthos)
Maths and Geography together next Tuesday. I cannot find anyone else who does OCR A Geography! Just me?
OH MY GOSH i finally find someone who does ocr a geography at least we have a very good teacher and she predicted what will come up
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
edexcel a geography
GetGradenines
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Hiro2468)
Just finished the first week of GCSEs and got some nice experience that I really shouldn't revise the night before (-_- )

My next exams are:
-RS Paper 2 (Buddhism)
-Geography Paper 1
-Maths Paper 1
-Physics Paper 1
-English Lit (A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls and Unseen Poetry)

Today til Sunday will be a busy week but I want it to be effective so that I'm actually getting the info in my head and not just copying from my revision guide. I can't do Past papers as I haven't actually learnt the content.

Any advice please?
you should spend the whole day revising, take 5 min breaks every 30 mins, walk around, do some stretches, it is gonna be a long day. Don't worry though, i am going to be doing the same as you. If you need any more advice ask me. I am aiming for 8s and 9s if that helps
Anthos
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by sqrt of 5)
OH MY GOSH i finally find someone who does ocr a geography at least we have a very good teacher and she predicted what will come up
Same feelings here! My teacher predicts the characteristics of lowlands, and the coastal case study for Landscapes of the UK. My teacher also predicts responses to the flood event case study for Environmental Challenges, and urban trends for People of the UK. You also do Business and French, do you? I keep seeing you on those threads. Are we two peas in a pod?
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Same feelings here! My teacher predicts the characteristics of lowlands, and the coastal case study for Landscapes of the UK. My teacher also predicts responses to the flood event case study for Environmental Challenges, and urban trends for People of the UK. You also do Business and French, do you? I keep seeing you on those threads. Are we two peas in a pod?
my teacher said that:
waterfalls will come up or a feature of erosion since last year a feature of depostion came up for landscape of the uk + coastal case study
population pyramids will also come up and/or immigration + 12 marker prob on case study the one about regeneration (i did salford quays)
for environ chall natural causes of greenhouse effect + flood event + pron 8 markers on fracking (?)

im doing aqa french and i dropped business after a week XD
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by angrybear247)
i got 10
-re
-maths
-geo
-eng lit
-re
-italian reading + listening
-spanish r + l
-physics
i still need to start revising for all of them lool
Last edited by sqrt of 5; 10 months ago
username3774332
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
pls tell me how to revise for business its boring but i want a 6 so bad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (107)
27.94%
No (276)
72.06%

Watched Threads