https://www.westmonster.com/brexit-l...election-poll/

I’m not surprised.

Tories on 9% LOL.
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Another chance for a massive protest vote, like the Brexit Referendum itself.

There are lots of problems with the EU, but the people running the Brexit party, including Farage himself, are sleazy charlatans peddling an easy fix (leaving the EU) to attract working class votes, a snake oil they will use to convert the country into something most people don't want - no NHS, an extreme market economy, lower environmental standards, chemicalised and GM food from the US, surging unemployment and declining universities.
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Occitanie)

I’m not surprised.

Tories on 9% LOL.
These are European Election polls, not general election polls.

Not really surprising to be honest! :P The Conservatives want out of the EU anyways.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I’m not surprised.

Tories on 9% LOL.
It’s a mini referendum how many votes do brexit and UKIP get vs greens, Lib Dem’s, plaid and snp
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by paul514)
It’s a mini referendum how many votes do brexit and UKIP get vs greens, Lib Dem’s, plaid and snp
It's a mini referendum of the 1/4 of voters who bother to turn up for what amounts to a farce.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
It's a mini referendum of the 1/4 of voters who bother to turn up for what amounts to a farce.
Well we have no idea what turn out will be and what turn out will be amongst leave or remain voters.

One side or the other could stay at home like conservatives did during the local elections.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I’m not surprised.

Tories on 9% LOL.
I don't think people should turn up for this bogus elections. The UK is out of the EU.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lets find out what the turnout and vote share is first before deciding what relevance it may hold, if any at all. It seems May will resign once her WAB is voted down again, more interested who will be running for PM.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well we have no idea what turn out will be and what turn out will be amongst leave or remain voters.

One side or the other could stay at home like conservatives did during the local elections.
Yes, possibly. I suspect only the die-hards on both sides are going to turn out for this one, plus the usual devoted pensioners who always vote. The latter will presumably be voting en masse for that lovable cheeky man of the people Nigel. :rolleyes:
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
I don't think people should turn up for this bogus elections. The UK is out of the EU.
That attitude won’t lend weight to the current political situation.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That attitude won’t lend weight to the current political situation.
It should. I don't think people should entertain the European elections in any way. They should stay away and focus their frustrations on our local MPs, who have betrayed us.

It looks a bit stupid for people to have decided to leave, but then participate in the EU elections.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Apologies if this has already been posted but also from that YouGov poll...
Name:  IMG_20190517_170037-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 21
Size:  56.2 KB
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It should. I don't think people should entertain the European elections in any way. They should stay away and focus their frustrations on our local MPs, who have betrayed us.

It looks a bit stupid for people to have decided to leave, but then participate in the EU elections.
Just one less vote for either side to push the agenda one way or the other if you abstain
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. People should always exercise their right to vote, otherwise you get shir like Brexit.
2. They are genuine elections.
3. The UK is still in the EU.

Apart from that, a pretty good post.
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Trouble with Anti-Brexit parties is it is a group of separate parties, if it was only one then those percentages would be pretty significant.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Given that the Brexit party is opposed to EU membership, and the number of MEPs they are likely to get will have no impact on the running of the EU or the outcome of Brexit, why are they standing? It's like people who don't like rugby joining a rugby club so that can tell all the other members how much they don't like rugby.

Also, given that they accuse the EU of being a waste of money, no doubt those that are elected will be refusing their not inconsiderable package. They wouldn't want to be seen as a load of self-serving hypocrites, would they?..
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I’m not surprised.

Tories on 9% LOL.
By the way, it's an opinion poll by YouGov, not a official "major Gov" poll

It's also worth noting that at this stage 7 days prior to the equivalent EU election in 2014 UKIP also was polling 35%.

They only ended up with 27% share of the actual votes.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The people disagree. Isn't democracy interesting...

Name:  IMG_20190515_162134-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 25
Size:  72.1 KB
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also Wired_1800
Name:  IMG_20190410_105217-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 28
Size:  38.0 KB
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Got to disagree with you again there, this is our chance to show the EU and Parliament exactly what we feel about how the brexit process is going.
It's also going to leave the EU in no doubt as to what kind of representatives we will continue to send to their parliament if we do not leave, who knows there seems to be a strong enough anti EU feeling across Europe that the Eurosceptic group could plausibly become the largest in the EU parliament.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (63)
67.74%
Jeremy Hunt (30)
32.26%

Watched Threads