The Student Room Group

Brexit Party ahead in major Gov polls.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QE2
Erm, precisely to the point.

So if you accept that political parties not fulfilling their manifesto promises is nothing remarkable, why did you bring it up?

Because on this occasion they were lying about the single biggest issue this country has faced in most people's lifetimes, this wasn't just some bs promise to end tuition fees or bring the national minimum wage up to £10 for everyone.
Brexit Party all the way for myself and millions of others now until we leave.
It's true then. You get wiser with age.

Original post by Doones
Apologies if this has already been posted but also from that YouGov poll...
IMG_20190517_170037-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Reply 82
Original post by ColinDent
Because on this occasion they were lying about the single biggest issue this country has faced in most people's lifetimes, this wasn't just some bs promise to end tuition fees or bring the national minimum wage up to £10 for everyone.
Brexit Party all the way for myself and millions of others now until we leave.

Brexit Party is unashamedly far-right, appealing to people's racism and xenophobia. It is a one issue group - "we don't like foreigners". That is it.
A party of mostly ill-informed, gullible working-class people who will be disadvantaged by Brexit while their leader, who is a member of the privileged elite they claim to oppose, benefits.
More like donkeys led by donkeys.

It is exactly because Brexit is one of the most important political, economic and social issues in decades that it shouldn't be left to such people.
Exactly Oak.

I went to America last year. I ordered a steak unfortunately the rest of my family ordered chicken. The funeral expense has bankrupted me.
Reply 84
I am arguing that Nigel Farage is not far right, which he isn't but then I'm guessing that you may be one of those people that call the more moderate labour MP's right wing.

It's all relative. Of course his supporters don't think he's far right because you are seeing him from the right of the political spectrum.
From Mark Zukerberg's perspective, Jeff Bezos isn't that rich.
The Brexit Party is so xenophobic that it has me, someone with Finnish ancestry, supporting it. Tämä on paskan marjat.
Original post by QE2
Brexit Party is unashamedly far-right, appealing to people's racism and xenophobia. It is a one issue group - "we don't like foreigners". That is it.
A party of mostly ill-informed, gullible working-class people who will be disadvantaged by Brexit while their leader, who is a member of the privileged elite they claim to oppose, benefits.
More like donkeys led by donkeys.

It is exactly because Brexit is one of the most important political, economic and social issues in decades that it shouldn't be left to such people.
Reply 86
Original post by Mossbourne
The Brexit Party is so xenophobic that it has me, someone with Finnish ancestry, supporting it. Tämä on paskan marjat.

Believing that having Finnish ancestry makes you a "foreigner" and "not really British" perfectly demonstrates my point!
Original post by QE2
It's all relative. Of course his supporters don't think he's far right because you are seeing him from the right of the political spectrum.
From Mark Zukerberg's perspective, Jeff Bezos isn't that rich.

Yes just like to the far left people like Hillary Benn are seen as right wing, I actually am more left leaning but have always had a deep mistrust of the EU.
Out of curiosity where exactly would you place Mr Farage amongst the obvious doyennes of the far right? Slightly further right than Hitler perhaps?
The truth is that Mr Farage's views are probably on the same level as slightly further right Tories, they are most certainly not racist and wanting to put your own country first does not make you xenophobic.
Original post by QE2
Believing that having Finnish ancestry makes you a "foreigner" and "not really British" perfectly demonstrates my point!

Mitä vittua?

I really don't understand what on earth you're trying to imply here. I speak English at home and have British citizenship. If you are trying to say I'm a xenophobe, why am I talking about my Finnish family, who I will be visiting over half term?
Original post by QE2
"Corbyn's Racism" lol!
The loss of support for Labour amongst the young is because of his support for Brexit.

1) Yougov has the Brexit Party polling at 20% among youth, and support for leave at a third. Only a half support the single market.

2) The downfall of Corbyn coincided with the racism scandal, not the brexit politics or anything like that.
Moss, you're only allowed to call yourself a foreigner if you hate the UK. It's the new rule by the noisy minority.
Mitä vittua?

I really don't understand what on earth you're trying to imply here. I speak English at home and have British citizenship. If you are trying to say I'm a xenophobe, why am I talking about my Finnish family, who I will be visiting over half term?
Reply 91
Original post by wizardsaway
1) Yougov has the Brexit Party polling at 20% among youth, and support for leave at a third. Only a half support the single market.

2) The downfall of Corbyn coincided with the racism scandal, not the brexit politics or anything like that.

But there wasn't a "racism scandal".
Original post by QE2
But there wasn't a "racism scandal".

No, but anti-Semitism is every bit as bad. Of course to the far left Jewish people are fair game and there can be no parallels between anti-Semitism and anything that they feel the far right ( the real ones not your imaginary pantomime ones like Farage) says that's inflammatory, the hypocrisy is quite stunning.
Original post by Mister Fantastic
Moss, you're only allowed to call yourself a foreigner if you hate the UK. It's the new rule by the noisy minority.

Can people not understand that:
1) I am partially a foreigner (Finnish)
2) I am also British, born in this great country, and have citizenship
3) I am both a British patriot and a proud Finn?

@QE2 can stick his allegations of me being a Finnish Uncle Tom (Setä Tomppu?) up his arse.
Original post by Wired_1800
Ok, let us continue to see how things develop. You are working three jobs and prob not making ends meet.

Botched handling of brexit may have greatly exacerbated London's sky high costs of living but the same issues were present long before 2010.
I don't deny the facts about choosing to live alone in London and I never try to sugarcoat the reality.
Choices carry consequences and adults have the personal responsibility to bear the consequences of their own actions.
Make the choice as an adult= be prepared to accept the consequence as an adult, for both males and females.

When younger people ask me for advice; telling me how desperate they are to move out of their family home and go it alone, I warn them how hard life will be.
I never advise anyone to repeat the decisions I made or allow themselves to be placed in position where they are not self-sufficient and have no backup plan.
Unless exceptional factors are involved: like criminal activity, habitual abuse or dangers from a religious agenda that condones use of aggression/violence against those who divert from the traditional path of cultural orthodoxy.

My default advice is always to wait, save up as much money as possible and accept whatever inheritance or gifts family members offer.
I get plenty of criticism over this from the more confrontational type of activists who have a 'stand up, yell and fight for your rights with pride' agenda.
But the reality is that in the short term the approach rarely ends positively, particularly for survivors of rape and honour abuse.
Reply 95
No, but anti-Semitism is every bit as bad. Of course to the far left Jewish people are fair game and there can be no parallels between anti-Semitism and anything that they feel the far right ( the real ones not your imaginary pantomime ones like Farage) says that's inflammatory, the hypocrisy is quite stunning.

Ok, so you will be able to explain exactly what Corbyn has done or said that is "anti-semitic".
Reply 96
Can people not understand that:
1) I am partially a foreigner (Finnish)
2) I am also British, born in this great country, and have citizenship
3) I am both a British patriot and a proud Finn?

@QE2 can stick his allegations of me being a Finnish Uncle Tom (Setä Tomppu?) up his arse.

Ooh, someone sounds triggered? Struck a nerve?
Original post by QE2
Ok, so you will be able to explain exactly what Corbyn has done or said that is "anti-semitic".

Can you explain where I said Corbyn, if you try reading what I have written then you will see I said the far left, are you denying the problem?
Reply 98
Can you explain where I said Corbyn, if you try reading what I have written then you will see I said the far left, are you denying the problem?

Wasn't it you who said that Labour has lost support because of Corbyn's racism scandal, that you then qualified as anti-semitism? Difficult to keep track of who you are replying to sometimes.
Original post by QE2
Wasn't it you who said that Labour has lost support because of Corbyn's racism scandal, that you then qualified as anti-semitism? Difficult to keep track of who you are replying to sometimes.

Nope that was wizardsaway in post #91

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending