Reasons why GCSE English Language isn't hard or stressful as you think it is Watch

RumellKhan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Dear Students and Teachers of GCSE English Language.

I am writing to you why GCSE English Language isn't as hard ass you think it is.

The only possible reason could be is raising the grade boundaries. And the governments needs to stop raising the boundaries.

Do you really think English exams are hard? Do you really?

Recent survey has displayed that 95% of students think that English exams are well-structured and do not cause extreme cases of stress.

AQA exam board is best for GCSE English Language.

If we pull apart the English Language papers, we will notice that the marks go from smallest to biggest. This should guide students to gradually build confidence as questions goes along. Imagine the exam started with 40 marker questions. Now that would be stressful!!

Dr Amy quoted that 'English Language exams are actually designed to increase pupils confidence and limit stress.'

From a student perceptive, anonymous student quoted 'With enough time, practice and revision, we are able to get the results we deserve.'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For ALL schools, they should provide a compromise for those who have stress, anxiety or other mental health. They should provide 1:1 sessions for students who have these problems. Teachers should be active.

It is important to listen to the voice of the students. Especially ones who have stress, anxiety, depression, lack of confidence or other mental health.

Sometimes it's not always the exam that stresses them out. It is usually sometimes the external conditions that are outside the students control. Sometimes students need help to be organised and prepared. Find ways to help students who are having trouble with home. Maybe students do not have safe environment at home. We all should generously come together to those people.You are the voice of the voiceless. Teachers should try coming to students rather than students coming to them. It really helps for those who lack confidence.

Thank you for taking to read this letter. I hope you have your evaluations.
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is this a piece of transactional writing or something?
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
> For ALL schools, they should provide a compromise for those who have stress, anxiety or other mental health. They should provide 1:1 sessions for students who have these problems. Teachers should be active.

that costs $$$
RumellKhan
Rep:
?
Maybe

(Original post by Tolgarda)
Is this a piece of transactional writing or something?
RumellKhan
Rep:
?
We don't do $. We do £.
(Original post by ltsmith)
> For ALL schools, they should provide a compromise for those who have stress, anxiety or other mental health. They should provide 1:1 sessions for students who have these problems. Teachers should be active.

that costs $$$
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RumellKhan)
We don't do $. We do £.
i have a US keyboard. cba typing pounds sign
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
57.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.33%

Watched Threads