How to get all 9’s in GCSE Watch

thatgirlthere22
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
There was a girl at my school who got all 9’s and now everyone at my school including me to be honest, wants straight grade 9’s. However by the looks of it it is becoming harder. I go tuition every single day since February and I hope the get them. The tests were actually fine whilst everyone found it hard so idk if that’s a sign. Any tips on maintaining good grades or at least a grade 8? Realistically receiving a grade 6 would feel like a failure to get really good results for 5 years working hard and recieving that. Someone help :/
saadmpatel
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yes.I was one of very few who also got 7 grade 9s and 2 grade 8..It is not very hard and I only started to revise A month before exam...With a bit more I would have got all grade 9s...Anyway..The resources I used was chemrevise for chemistry...It is a brilliant website with extra ordinary notes which are literally answers to your exam papers...I also use it now in As level...
For maths,bio,physics and chem....Go on Physics and Maths tutor and find plenty of exam style questions..and notes..........
Since it is exam time...Go and look out for past papers and master the answers...especially for science subjects....Things you learn from past papers will not be in any revision guide...Good look for your exam..I also have As chemistry exam on 20th may
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Focus. Keep revising. Read the questions carefully. Get good sleep so you can concentrate in the exam. Manage your time well and check your answers if you have time at he end.
Terablitz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi,
I may be able to give you some help! I’m doing my GCSE exams currently and in the mocks I somehow managed 6 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s and a 7. I think that if you just keep working hard both in and out of school the 9s will come. If you put your mind to it you can achieve anything!
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by saadmpatel)
Yes.I was one of very few who also got 7 grade 9s and 2 grade 8
Actually, many people got seven or more grade 9s with other grades. Only 732 got all grade 9s in seven or more of their reformed GCSE courses.
Last edited by Tolgarda; 2 months ago
kurro
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
For maths and sciences - past papers (it would be helpful if you know the majority of the content beforehand, then learn as you get questions wrong. If you don't understand topics, ask a teacher or look on YouTube for explanations)

If you do R.E (or any other essay based subjects) keep reading through your class book and also try more past paper questions so you know how to answer them to get full marks.

English - sorry I got no idea :/
went to revision after school with teachers and kept doing past papers

it's literally just reading through class books and past papers that got me through GCSE's

But of course, there are flashcards that you can use to learn definitions or color changes in chem/bio. You could also try look, cover, check.
Tmoulti
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Only 732? How do you know that these statistics are true?
unkownthomertonb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
4 were from my school loooooool
Tolgarda
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Tmoulti)
Only 732? How do you know that these statistics are true?
It was reported by Ofqual (the exams regulator) themselves. They have all the data of the results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are cats selfish