Terrible learner driver

Watch
Orange.26
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi so I’ve had 9 driving lessons each one hour long and I’ve only done junctions in estates with this instructor and a little bit of turning into main roads and driving straight on them for abit and I’ve asked her if I can drive home but she said I can’t because I’m not feeling my gear changes and she thinks I will struggle. I spoke to my dad we went driving and it went terrible the first time in estates I stalled so much I was nervous the second time was much better I had more control and was more confident. My dads car is diesel and my instructors petrol but I feel so down about it because I know people doing manoeuvres by their 9th lesson and I’ve not even been on main roads properly, it’s going to take me so long to learn what do I do ?
Guru Jason
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ltsmith)
get a better instructor. i was driving home after my 1st lesson and i was on the dual carriageways by my 4th
This is bs especially if they were 1 hour lessons. I did an week intensive driving course and was a competent learner doing 4 hours a day and still took until day 3 or 4 (about 12-16 hours) before I went on carriageways. You seem a little nervous and a little slower but you will get there.
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your instructor should let you drive home - how else are you going to learn? (unless of course you'd actually be a danger on the roads) Maybe change instructors. My instructor took me on the road during my first lesson
Last edited by username3508100; 2 years ago
Orange.26
Rep:
?
Hi so i changed my instructor, and I now take 2 hour lessons and I’ve made so much progress! I’m already on main roads I’ve done dual carriageways, traffic lights, roundabouts with traffic from motorways, I’ve done traffic lights on hills with hill starts! However I manage to somehow stall st traffic lights and I did this 3 times in my 2 hour lesson today it really puts my confidence down and I get so nervous!! Did anybody else have any similar issues ?
Orange.26
Rep:
?
I’ve took 2 lessons with this new instructor he lets me drive from home and allows me to drive home and he’s absolutely phenomenal, I’m 17 at the moment and really want to pass by the end of the year, if I’m to be realistic with how I’m doing is that possible considering I’m struggling on roundabouts😕
Last edited by Orange.26; 2 years ago
TheRuralJuror
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm so scared of driving I'm traumatized by the crazy drivers if my home country. scary stuff
Orange.26
Rep:
?
Noo don’t be! With your instructor at your side with the dual controls and their knowledge and experience you will be fine, have you had any lessons? And if so build up your confidence in quiet streets and estates with a little traffic! When I first went on main roads with my instructor I wasn’t nervous at all, I guess everybody is different but my advice is go for it! And the more experience you get the better you become st handling these crazy drivers! I hope it all goes well for you have hope!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (94)
27.09%
England (114)
32.85%
Belgium (28)
8.07%
Germany (39)
11.24%
Spain (8)
2.31%