The Student Room Group

Physical Geography Edexcel GCSE forum 21st May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iBearHQ
With the Milankovitch cycle question, did it ask to name all 3 and their effects or to just name one and their effect? I did the latter but friends did the first

I named only one, orbital eccentricity
Yeah that counts, I know that soil and altitude were listed in the textbook as abiotic but yeah it is physical. It counts but you probably need more points for physical to balance out any human factor points
Original post by smith.214
For the 'physical factor affecting biodiversity'i wrote about distance from equator so only plants that dont rly need to photosynthesise can live there. Does it count as a physical factor? I had only 10 mins and i didnt think about soil and altitude
Yea it was only one
Original post by sentry_going_up
I named only one, orbital eccentricity
Yup, I thought I managed time well but it was 2:57 and i needed to finish 1 paragraph and conclusion for the drought one so rushed the last one in 10 mins but i hope i can get 5/8 or maybe even 6
Original post by yay2202
Yeah that counts, I know that soil and altitude were listed in the textbook as abiotic but yeah it is physical. It counts but you probably need more points for physical to balance out any human factor points
I talked about levels of sunlight which link to depth of water not exceeding 25 metres. I'm not sure about distance from the equator...Wait, explain your point
Original post by smith.214
For the 'physical factor affecting biodiversity'i wrote about distance from equator so only plants that dont rly need to photosynthesise can live there. Does it count as a physical factor? I had only 10 mins and i didnt think about soil and altitude
I said that most of the light is concentrated on the equator so if the distance between decidious woodland ecosystems and equator is big, less light there so only plants that do not need to photosyphotosy 24/7 can live there, reducing biodiversity
Original post by anikamehra7
I talked about levels of sunlight which link to depth of water not exceeding 25 metres. I'm not sure about distance from the equator...Wait, explain your point
Reply 46
the hydrographs were alright. u had to insert data from the table and then talk about how there is no soil or clear area in urban areas, which means that the soil cannot absorb the rainwater. this will lead to the water going into the rivers, which is why there is a high discharge. however, for the forest area, the discharge was low as it consists of trees and plants, which would have absorbed the water quickly. this is why there is a low discharge in the river for forest area
Original post by sentry_going_up
And the hydrographs one was difficult as well...I'm done for :frown:
What did you guys write for where a cyclone would most likely hit? I tried looking it up on Google and it comes up with both New Zealand and Indonesia being hit by cyclones
I put indonesia
Original post by iBearHQ
What did you guys write for where a cyclone would most likely hit? I tried looking it up on Google and it comes up with both New Zealand and Indonesia being hit by cyclones
does anyone remember any questions that came up for edexcel a

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending