RainbowIceCream
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fairyscarl)
Can you tell me what the 1-1 role play involved please?

Heya!!! Firstly congratulations getting through to the assessment centre, when are you going to do it??

The 1-on-1 role play, basically you are handed a “scenario” in paper form, listing details of the “scene” and who you are... and who you will be communicating with in your 1-on-1 role play....

You read through it. Read the “dilemma”.... and basically come up with a solution which you think helps the problem.....

Really simple to be honest.
You use your Inititive to be honest. Best of luck for your assessment day.

Nothing to worry about.
Walk in, be confident, hold your head high, and believe in yourself ❤️❤️❤️ let your personality shine through, that’s what I done.... you will do wonderful. Nothing too tricky is asked of anyone xx
RainbowIceCream
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! I'm going to Sheffield I wondered if you would mine giving any more info on the 1:1 role play task?
Heya!!! Sorry Iv just answered you above lol

Hope the info Iv given is satisfactory xx
fairyscarl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RainbowIceCream)
Heya!!! Firstly congratulations getting through to the assessment centre, when are you going to do it??

The 1-on-1 role play, basically you are handed a “scenario” in paper form, listing details of the “scene” and who you are... and who you will be communicating with in your 1-on-1 role play....

You read through it. Read the “dilemma”.... and basically come up with a solution which you think helps the problem.....

Really simple to be honest.
You use your Inititive to be honest. Best of luck for your assessment day.

Nothing to worry about.
Walk in, be confident, hold your head high, and believe in yourself ❤️❤️❤️ let your personality shine through, that’s what I done.... you will do wonderful. Nothing too tricky is asked of anyone xx
Heya!!! Sorry Iv just answered you above lol

Hope the info Iv given is satisfactory xx
Hey! Thanks for getting back I appreciate it! I've got my assessment today and I'm dreading it! Was it like a customer and adviser type role play testing your customer service or was it more about analysing and explaining data? The brief doesn't give much away xx
RainbowIceCream
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! Thanks for getting back I appreciate it! I've got my assessment today and I'm dreading it! Was it like a customer and adviser type role play testing your customer service or was it more about analysing and explaining data? The brief doesn't give much away xx
Awk bless you, it will go smoothly, so don’t panic, I know it’s easy for me to say that as I have mine done now... but honestly, the day will be over before you know it, and it’ll go well 🤗

I think the role play is just to access how you would reconcile a dilemma...

my role play, I was a leader of a group project
Last edited by RainbowIceCream; 3 weeks ago
RainbowIceCream
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sorry I had a super long reply for you... but for some reason it chopped my reply down 😭
Nightmare!

Basically i was a group leader, my accessor/1-1 role play person, was a helper in my group & they had a dilemma that I had to help them talk through & solve!!!

Don’t worry, they ask you Q’s throughout your role play to help prompt you to respond to the dilemma in the direction they need.... and so you don’t forget anything....

Best of luck. You will do great 🤗
fairyscarl
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Awk bless you, it will go smoothly, so don’t panic, I know it’s easy for me to say that as I have mine done now... but honestly, the day will be over before you know it, and it’ll go well 🤗

I think the role play is just to access how you would reconcile a dilemma...

my role play, I was a leader of a group project
Last edited by fairyscarl; 2 weeks ago
RainbowIceCream
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes you’ve got it! You get 15 mins before the role play assessment to read your notes & to take notes if you need to, to work from whilst in your role play... I just worked off the top of my head, using my Inititive to be honest.... it’s nothing too tricky 🤗

You do get the chance to talk about the programme in your actual interview, and the opportunity to let them KNOW about you... which’ll be your chance to tell them all about yourself as well as what drew you to apply for the scholarship....

Do some deep breaths, maybe bring some music and headphones to help listen to some relaxing music? Just to help settle your nerves if your getting anxious ❤️❤️

Aaah I see so it was like judging your ability to problem solve quickly and still work well in the team I guess... Do you get much chance to talk about your achievements and personality etc too in the interview part? Do they ask you general questions about yourself as well as stuff specific to the program? Thanks for your help I get so anxious and it settles me a little knowing what to expect to an extent haha
RainbowIceCream
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well, how did you get on at your assessment??
Josiemcbobfaid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello! Bit late to the thread. Is anyone going to warwick?
David/f
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Josiemcbobfaid)
Hello! Bit late to the thread. Is anyone going to warwick?
Yes! Warwick Gang
David/f
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did anyone get an email from student funding at their university about the Scholars programme?
Kaneki Amano
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by David/f)
Did anyone get an email from student funding at their university about the Scholars programme?
Got an email saying I'd be contacted between the 9th and the 19th
UsernameAnon4321
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kaneki Amano)
Got an email saying I'd be contacted between the 9th and the 19th
Me too!!
fairyscarl
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes they told me about it
David/f
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone heard anything yet?
Kaneki Amano
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Nada
RainbowIceCream
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes! I got a scholarship 🥳🥳🥳🥳 YAY! Delighted!

They will be in contact between the 9th-20th.... xx
ForeverYoungx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes! I got a scholarship 🥳🥳🥳🥳 YAY! Delighted!

They will be in contact between the 9th-20th.... xx
Congratulations!! OMGGG sooo happy for you!! Nice one 🎉🎉🎉 what did they say on the phone? Which uni you going to? EXCITINGGG!!
Last edited by ForeverYoungx; 1 week ago
RainbowIceCream
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you thank you, I’m very excited to be a part of the programme to be honest, all the support & paid internship opportunities is just awesome!

I’m going to Queens university in Belfast!!
What about you??
UsernameAnon4321
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I found out around 10ish this morning, I got in for Sheffield!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.8%
Pop (211)
24.74%
Jazz (33)
3.87%
Classical (46)
5.39%
Hip-Hop (166)
19.46%
Electronic (58)
6.8%
Indie (136)
15.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise