Edexcel GCSE exam week - how have u found exams so far? Watch

lyccea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
besides AQA Art, all of my exam boards are Edexcel and I’ve done RE, French, Chemistry, Biology and English. Honestly I don’t wanna say that I did well but those edexcel papers were an actual gift
how do you guys feel about the tests?
Zoejohnstone
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
edexcel chemistry combined was the worst paper I've ever done it was so hard but biology was alright and French was hard apart from writing which was a bit better. Todays aqa pe paper was a blessing x
lyccea
Rep:
?
that’s good, kinda similar for me but I was so scared for Science and French. I was expecting GCSE papers to be harder than the mocks but it’s the other way around so ?
are you doing Combined foundation or higher? honestly I found that the 6 markers decent for both
(Original post by Zoejohnstone)
edexcel chemistry combined was the worst paper I've ever done it was so hard but biology was alright and French was hard apart from writing which was a bit better. Todays aqa pe paper was a blessing x
Zoejohnstone
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
im doing combined higher with the guessing game chemistry 6 marker but loved the bio 6 marker x
(Original post by lyccea)
that’s good, kinda similar for me but I was so scared for Science and French. I was expecting GCSE papers to be harder than the mocks but it’s the other way around so ?
are you doing Combined foundation or higher? honestly I found that the 6 markers decent for both
n_j_2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Edexcel english literature paper 1 was terrible, the french tests were okay but the 2nd to last question in the listening exam was a bit hard, todays french writing was really good. Im so happy that French is over!! It was so nice to throw away all my french notes and flashcards. Im so scared for maths and english literature next week. I hope the english lit paper 2 isn't too hard and they better pick an easy extract and unseen poem.
lyccea
Rep:
?
yess I’m so glad I won’t have to do french ever again but I actually liked writing too
and the core subjects are the ones I’m worried about the most because I know I completely messed up my English lit paper 1, I had so much to write for R+J, I literally had around 30 minutes to answer AIC question so yeah I’m fked for English lit unless I do well in the next paper
I seriously need to manage my time better
(Original post by n_j_2002)
Edexcel english literature paper 1 was terrible, the french tests were okay but the 2nd to last question in the listening exam was a bit hard, todays french writing was really good. Im so happy that French is over!! It was so nice to throw away all my french notes and flashcards. Im so scared for maths and english literature next week. I hope the english lit paper 2 isn't too hard and they better pick an easy extract and unseen poem.
n_j_2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i literally rushed the last paragraph for my inspector calls essay because i had like 1 minute left. I picked the question about the birling family relationships, but i wish i picked the Inspector one as i would've spoken about a lot. I was waffling soooo much. 1a of Macbeth was terrible but i think 1b was okay as i spoke about witches, lady macbeth and macbeth. i hope english lit paper 2 is easier and hopefully i get at least a 7. i really hope our maths exam isn't too hard bc I've noticed that its always the odd years that maths is hard cos 2017 was hard but last years maths exam was okay. I hope the grade boundaries aren't high. My french teacher told me that this year they're could make the grade boundaries high as they were generous last year, but overall it depends how the whole country does. did u do aqa for sciences?
yess I’m so glad I won’t have to do french ever again but I actually liked writing too
and the core subjects are the ones I’m worried about the most because I know I completely messed up my English lit paper 1, I had so much to write for R+J, I literally had around 30 minutes to answer AIC question so yeah I’m fked for English lit unless I do well in the next paper
I seriously need to manage my time better
lyccea
Rep:
?
yeah I did family and relationships too because I felt you could write more about it and it doesn’t just focus on one thing, ended up not even doing a conclusion properly
let’s just hope lot paper 2 and maths will be good to bring our grades up hopefully the grade boundaries will be somewhat low
I’m doing higher edexcel for science and those papers were so much better than mocks, now I’m kind of scared about what the physics paper will be
good luck on your GCSEs

i literally rushed the last paragraph for my inspector calls essay because i had like 1 minute left. I picked the question about the birling family relationships, but i wish i picked the Inspector one as i would've spoken about a lot. I was waffling soooo much. 1a of Macbeth was terrible but i think 1b was okay as i spoke about witches, lady macbeth and macbeth. i hope english lit paper 2 is easier and hopefully i get at least a 7. i really hope our maths exam isn't too hard bc I've noticed that its always the odd years that maths is hard cos 2017 was hard but last years maths exam was okay. I hope the grade boundaries aren't high. My french teacher told me that this year they're could make the grade boundaries high as they were generous last year, but overall it depends how the whole country does. did u do aqa for sciences?
n_j_2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you too! how did u find the maths exam?
yeah I did family and relationships too because I felt you could write more about it and it doesn’t just focus on one thing, ended up not even doing a conclusion properly
let’s just hope lot paper 2 and maths will be good to bring our grades up hopefully the grade boundaries will be somewhat low
I’m doing higher edexcel for science and those papers were so much better than mocks, now I’m kind of scared about what the physics paper will be
good luck on your GCSEs
lyccea
Rep:
?
honestly not too good, I know it was easier than mocks but after the exam when people were saying their answers I knew I messed up questions and wrote down the wrong things like the volume question I didn’t half although I did write it over 2 and the part a) combination lock question I wrote 5x4x3 which was supposed to be for part b). I’m pretty happy about a few questions though
what about you?
you too! how did u find the maths exam?
n_j_2002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my exam was okay it was easier than I thought but the probability equation I messed up. and I was pissed about the completing the square question bcs I revised that so much but I ended up forgetting how to find out the turning point. overall, it was an okay test and I hope I did okay. I hated that combination lock question it took me a long time to work it out because of all the numbers I had to write
honestly not too good, I know it was easier than mocks but after the exam when people were saying their answers I knew I messed up questions and wrote down the wrong things like the volume question I didn’t half although I did write it over 2 and the part a) combination lock question I wrote 5x4x3 which was supposed to be for part b). I’m pretty happy about a few questions though
what about you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (60)
21.82%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (93)
33.82%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
21.45%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (27)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (36)
13.09%

Watched Threads