Getting someone else to sit my exam Watch

vvcdbxf
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a Year 13 student, I have failed GCSE Maths many times and have one last resit opportunity in a few days. Unfortunately I know nothing and even if I study day and night it won't be enough to pass. So I am thinking of getting a friend who does A-Level Maths to sit my GCSE Maths exam for me. In my school no ID is required you just need to sit in your allocated seat. He will sit in my seat, write my name on the paper and do it for me without anybody noticing whatsoever. What do you think I should do? It is imperative I get a C because if I don't I on't be able to go to Uni and will ending up working at Tesco all my life. Please give me some good advice on what to do. Thank you
Jackgcsehelp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t do that. Everyone else takes their GCSEs and so should u. Some people work day and night for years to just get a pass u csnr just get someone who isn’t u to do all that work for u.
It’s relaly demoralising then people who have worked hard tbh 😐
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vvcdbxf)
I am a Year 13 student, I have failed GCSE Maths many times and have one last resit opportunity in a few days. Unfortunately I know nothing and even if I study day and night it won't be enough to pass. So I am thinking of getting a friend who does A-Level Maths to sit my GCSE Maths exam for me. In my school no ID is required you just need to sit in your allocated seat. He will sit in my seat, write my name on the paper and do it for me without anybody noticing whatsoever. What do you think I should do? It is imperative I get a C because if I don't I on't be able to go to Uni and will ending up working at Tesco all my life. Please give me some good advice on what to do. Thank you
Aren't your exams normally started by a teacher? They will probably know who you are and know he is not you.

If you're caught doing this, both you and he could face serious consequences from the exam board.

Also, if you can't get the C, it's very likely you'd struggle with your uni course anyway.
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you get caught then not only you, but your friend could get in serious trouble (jeprodising both your futures)
don't do it
Terablitz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not to be immature but if you pulled it off it would be sick!
vvcdbxf
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Aren't your exams normally started by a teacher? They will probably know who you are and know he is not you.

If you're caught doing this, both you and he could face serious consequences from the exam board.

Also, if you can't get the C, it's very likely you'd struggle with your uni course anyway.
The exams are started by an invigilator there are no teachers at the exam hall at all and I will be studying English Literature at Uni so don't need Maths just doing it as it is a formality it is not important to my course but still have to pass to get to uni
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The exams are started by an invigilator there are no teachers at the exam hall at all and I will be studying English Literature at Uni so don't need Maths just doing it as it is a formality it is not important to my course but still have to pass to get to uni
If the maths genuinely isn't essential for your uni course, why not contact the uni and see if they will waive this requirement for you?

Whatever they say, I do think you'd be taking a huge risk. The school will have some process in place to ensure the correct people are taking each paper (e.g. invigilators issues with photos), and if you get caught then it could invalidate your A-levels too.
vvcdbxf
Rep:
?
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
If you get caught then not only you, but your friend could get in serious trouble (jeprodising both your futures)
don't do it
How will I get caught? There is an extremely low chance I will get caught and it is a risk I think that is worth taking as I will end up failing at not being able to go to Uni and therefore jeopardising my whole future
vvcdbxf
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
If the maths genuinely isn't essential for your uni course, why not contact the uni and see if they will waive this requirement for you?

Whatever they say, I do think you'd be taking a huge risk. The school will have some process in place to ensure the correct people are taking each paper (e.g. invigilators issues with photos), and if you get caught then it could invalidate your A-levels too.
I know people who have done this before and pulled it off before my eyes, unfortunately I have already contacted the uni and they have said they can't take me on if i don't get a C
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How will I get caught? There is an extremely low chance I will get caught and it is a risk I think that is worth taking as I will end up failing at not being able to go to Uni and therefore jeopardising my whole future
1. Invigilators may notice they look older
2. Other candidates will let the invigilators know it’s not you
3. A teachers usually comes in to see the start and end of exams.
vvcdbxf
Rep:
?
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
1. Invigilators may notice they look older
2. Other candidates will let the invigilators know it’s not you
3. A teachers usually comes in to see the start and end of exams.
In my school there is a section for sixth form resits so it will not look odd, other candidates will not snitch as I know them all personally and throughout the duration of the exam start and end there are no teachers at all
Delilah23
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you do this please let us know how it plans out, I’m curious wether this works or not.
Good luck if you do so
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
L.D.S. <-----OP, this man is your saviour
vvcdbxf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Delilah23)
If you do this please let us know how it plans out, I’m curious wether this works or not.
Good luck if you do so
Thank you for your kind words I will definitely keep you updated
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In my school there is a section for sixth form resits so it will not look odd, other candidates will not snitch as I know them all personally and throughout the duration of the exam start and end there are no teachers at all
Sixth formers will have separate rows, this is technically a competition for the top grades so you can’t really trust anyone and like I said, invigilators will notice.
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How will I get caught? There is an extremely low chance I will get caught and it is a risk I think that is worth taking as I will end up failing at not being able to go to Uni and therefore jeopardising my whole futureWhat if you go from multiple fails to a sudden high A?
You may not but it is possible that you will
Teachers may be there, who knows
brimstone131
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most units require C grade in English and Maths at GCSE. Maths is a must have, you can’t just get away with doing English.

What uni had you identified?
Dann.It
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lol. No chance you'll get away with it.

Your mate may stand out. And usually a teacher comes in at the start / finish of the exam.
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People like friends will snitch on you- if they have any sense of morals or right and wrong then they will let someone know or try and stop you.
theworld223
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your school should have a way to check it is the correct person sitting the exam. Most schools/colleges use photo ID on desks. Are sure your school's policies haven't changed?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads