nextmonkhood
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,
I'm looking to apply for an MA in Filmmaking at one of the London universities. I'm a mature student with a background in stills photography and I'm most interested in following a cinematography pathway.

I'm really keen on doing a course that has a very practical/skills focus - I've spent enough time in academia and don't really want to be sat around writing essays! My main focus is on gaining the skills that can help me get into the industry.

At the moment I'm trying to decide between Goldsmiths and the Met Film School - anyone got any experience at either? I must admit I've not heard great things about MetFilm and the Goldsmiths course looks slightly broader. Any feedback from current/past students at either school would be great!

Thanks!
KarenEggers
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm really interested in an answer for this too, cause I really want to apply for the MA Cinematography at Goldsmiths but I never really have found anyone EVER on the internet that has studied Cinematography there. It's crazy, I even wonder sometimes if these students ever existed, it's like they're ghosts. I heard bad things about Goldsmiths, but that the Arts department it's the best thing about it, so I'm curious. I also heard terrible things about Met Film, so I don't consider it an opotion anymore.Hope we can find someone to help us!
Goldsmiths, University of London
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nextmonkhood)
Hi all,
I'm looking to apply for an MA in Filmmaking at one of the London universities. I'm a mature student with a background in stills photography and I'm most interested in following a cinematography pathway.

I'm really keen on doing a course that has a very practical/skills focus - I've spent enough time in academia and don't really want to be sat around writing essays! My main focus is on gaining the skills that can help me get into the industry.

At the moment I'm trying to decide between Goldsmiths and the Met Film School - anyone got any experience at either? I must admit I've not heard great things about MetFilm and the Goldsmiths course looks slightly broader. Any feedback from current/past students at either school would be great!

Thanks!
(Original post by KarenEggers)
I'm really interested in an answer for this too, cause I really want to apply for the MA Cinematography at Goldsmiths but I never really have found anyone EVER on the internet that has studied Cinematography there. It's crazy, I even wonder sometimes if these students ever existed, it's like they're ghosts. I heard bad things about Goldsmiths, but that the Arts department it's the best thing about it, so I'm curious. I also heard terrible things about Met Film, so I don't consider it an opotion anymore.Hope we can find someone to help us!
Hi there!

I did my MA in Screen Documentary at Goldsmiths. Happy to answer any questions you have about the pathway!
Cantofilms
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London)
Hi there!

I did my MA in Screen Documentary at Goldsmiths. Happy to answer any questions you have about the pathway!
Hi!

How was your experience there?
Vayl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Bumping this!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads