Actual OCR computer science paper 2 unofficial Mark scheme with clear answers

Watch
sonu2003
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
OCR Computer science unofficial mark scheme add answers below to the question you remember and feel free to contradict any answer you think is wrong.
sonu2003
Rep:
?
1)(a) (i) What is meant by sampling? The sampling is used to store the audio recordings by using software to get frequent samples of sound from the audio file at certain intervals and converting them into binary to represent the audio.

(ii)What is meant by sampling frequency? Sampling frequency is the measure of the amount of samples/snippets of audio is taken and converted into a binary value.

(b)(i) How is binary used to represent Bitmap images? Bitmap images are represented with pixels, and each of the pixels represent different parts of the image and the colours of the pixels are represented by binary and different binary numbers for the image will determine the colour of the pixels and its colour depth.

b(iii) An image is being uploaded into a website and it has been compressed through the use of lossy compression What are the advantage and disadvantage of lossy compression? Advantage is that lossy compression will permanently delete some unrequired data or data thats not really needed from the image will, which will help reduce the size of the file. Disadvantage is that lossy compression will delete some data form the image file this will decrease the quality of the image file.

3) (d) (i) What is purpose of the Boolean variable swaps in this algorithm? The Boolean variable swaps is used to create an iteration within the bubble sort algorithm program which will make sure that it repeats till all of the data items had been put into the correct order.

Alright everyone, lets make an unofficial mark scheme, submit the answers to the questions u think is correct. Feel free to say anything if you disagree with any of the answers if u think they are invalid.
Manlikekevz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Function Question:
FUNCTION ticketprice(Adult,Child)
adultPrice = Adult * 19.99
childPrice = Child * 8.99
ticketprice = adultPrice + childPrice + 2.50
RETURN ticketprice

I believe it was optional to end the function or not

How does sampling work?
Taking measurements of a sound wave at set intervals and recording these values by converting the analogue sound to digital in binary.

What is sampling frequency? The amount of samples taken per second of a sound wave
Advantage of Lossy Compression - Reduce the file size and less bandwidth consumption (quicker to upload image file)
Disadvantage - Reduced quality of image as you cut out visible elements of data
Name one thing that can be abstracted - The manager of the football club (info isn't needed)
What is A3 in denary? - 163 I believe
Flowchart question - Very easy you just convert it to pseudocode/structured english (very simple 6 marks)
What was the ticketprice to be stored in? - Real because you are adding a decimal point number (2.50) to your ticketprice
8 marker - Pretty easy pseudocode (I used the nested IF)
Bit map question - Grid placed over image and there are pixels with set binary values that encode for the amount of colour (colour depth). Binary used to store bitmap image and each binary value encodes for a specific colour
Hopefully, a grade 9
sonu2003
Rep:
?
iYh I am aiming for a 8, I think the grade boundaries will be lower this year because this years papers where harder than last years. I prefered paper 1 tbh. I probs got like 65 in paper 1 and 60 in paper 2 which will be 125 in total which is an 8,
(Original post by Manlikekevz)
Function Question:
FUNCTION ticketprice(Adult,Child)
adultPrice = Adult * 19.99
childPrice = Child * 8.99
ticketprice = adultPrice + childPrice + 2.50
RETURN ticketprice

I believe it was optional to end the function or not

How does sampling work?
Taking measurements of a sound wave at set intervals and recording these values by converting the analogue sound to digital in binary.

What is sampling frequency? The amount of samples taken per second of a sound wave
Advantage of Lossy Compression - Reduce the file size and less bandwidth consumption (quicker to upload image file)
Disadvantage - Reduced quality of image as you cut out visible elements of data
Name one thing that can be abstracted - The manager of the football club (info isn't needed)
What is A3 in denary? - 163 I believe
Flowchart question - Very easy you just convert it to pseudocode/structured english (very simple 6 marks)
What was the ticketprice to be stored in? - Real because you are adding a decimal point number (2.50) to your ticketprice
8 marker - Pretty easy pseudocode (I used the nested IF)
Bit map question - Grid placed over image and there are pixels with set binary values that encode for the amount of colour (colour depth). Binary used to store bitmap image and each binary value encodes for a specific colour
Hopefully, a grade 9
ThePrince123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sonu2003)
OCR Computer science unofficial mark scheme add answers below to the question you remember and feel free to contradict any answer you think is wrong.
Is this for the OCR 2019 paper 2?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.06%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (424)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (522)
13.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (227)
5.98%
Loneliness (318)
8.38%
Financial worries (140)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (148)
3.9%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (215)
5.67%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (339)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (356)
9.38%

Watched Threads