The Student Room Group

Do you have friends?

I have recently moved to a different city for work where I don’t know anyone. I’m slowly starting to get depression since my life has become going to work and home. For those of you that don’t have friends, what do you do in your spare time?

Scroll to see replies

no
nothing
I do have friends but I still do my own things in my free time, like reading, watching movies, playing video games. If I didn't have any friends, I'd probably go out and meet new people.
More aquanticies to be honest, who I used to call friends moved on with their lives a long time ago.
Reply 4
Original post by IrrationalRoot
no
nothing

Awww why not?
Reply 5
Just people I have to communicate with.
Original post by GreenBell
Awww why not?

cause i suck innit
nope nope nopity nope

No lol
Reply 9
Do you not want to go out with friends though? I have a few people I know at work but they’re not like your actual friends.. going out to the city centre, having fun, laughing! If you’re truly friends, then there shouldn’t be any drama.
It seems people who have no friends correlates with high usage of TSR, lol.
I'm fine with being alone too, I don't even talk at work lol. Just using the workplace's chat system to communicate my progress.
yes, but they annoy me but sometimes I like them a lot. Depends on how I'm feeling and the little things I've remember they've done.
I used to, I currently don't anymore

I do all the things I would have done with my friends but by myself

I go out to eat alone, go to the cinema alone, go shopping alone, go to games arcade alone, explore and sightsee alone
and in the house i listen to music, watch youtube vids, play quizzes, watch movies, talk to people online and talk to my family

honestly i think i prefer it this way
Reply 14
Original post by Saverah
Just people I have to communicate with.

Original post by JoshDarnIt
No lol

Original post by hello_shawn
I'm fine with being alone too, I don't even talk at work lol. Just using the workplace's chat system to communicate my progress.

Really? Do you guys actually not have friends? What do you do in your spare time? Who do you talk to?
This will be me soon so teach me.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
No lol

can guarantee you have friends. maybe you don't consider them 'friends' but I know you have friends.
Reply 16
Oh okay! Well I guess it's different if you’re working and most of your time is occupied since then you don’t have to deal with the loneliness.
i have friends but it is complicated because they are all in 3 different friendship groups it can be depressing when you feel like your not truly friends with people as you're not in their groups.
Really? Do you guys actually not have friends? What do you do in your spare time? Who do you talk to?

I moved out a year ago but shortly after, my parents decided to visit their homelands for a year so every weekend I have to return to their house and keep things tidy there. There's also a lot of raw ingredients that they keep over there, so I'll be able to learn new things to cook. Two things to keep me busy over the weekend :smile: for evenings, well, I didn't bring my laptop to the place I moved to, which is for the better since I sit at a desk at work all day. So I play old video games on an emulator or watch YouTube lol
Original post by Anonymous
can guarantee you have friends. maybe you don't consider them 'friends' but I know you have friends.

Online friends yes, irl, not really. I kind of drifted apart from my ''mates'' due to not having anything in common with them and not wanting to surround myself with negative people. They were all about partying and doing drugs and sh*t, I was all about self improvement and spirituality and working towards the best version of myself.

In my spare time I work towards the best version of myself as I stated before, whether that be meditating, grounding myself in nature, working out, reading spiritual/self improvement/philosophical books etc. I've always been the loner type and enjoy solitude and doing my own thing.

I talk to people on here, my family, and sometimes strike up conversations with random people in the street.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending