The Student Room Group

will i get a STABLE job in business post-grad and onwards?

My mother is making me go into the health service even though I would rather go into business, she says it is unstable due to the market and many others competitively trying to get a job. is she right?
Reply 1
does anyone have any tips or advice?
Original post by Bahamas
My mother is making me go into the health service even though I would rather go into business, she says it is unstable due to the market and many others competitively trying to get a job. is she right?

Business is a generic word, it isn't comparable to the NHS (aka health service). Some businesses are older and more stable than the NHS, some areas of healthcare are quite volatile, and there's a lot of change.

If you want to put up a proper defence against working in the NHS, then you will have to narrow 'business' down considerably, to a role and a sector at least.

Alternatively, joining a very large organisation like the NHS can give you a good grounding, at least in the public sector, and you can move on from there with a few years experience.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
thanks!
Original post by threeportdrift
Business is a generic word, it isn't comparable to the NHS (aka health service). Some businesses are older and more stable than the NHS, some areas of healthcare are quite volatile, and there's a lot of change.

If you want to put up a proper defence against working in the NHS, then you will have to narrow 'business' down considerable, to a role and a sector at least.

Alternatively, joining a very large organisation like the NHS can give you a good grounding, at least in the public sector, and you can move on from there with a few years experience.
the nhs has business jobs.. fyi.
Reply 5
like what?
Original post by Princepieman
the nhs has business jobs.. fyi.
Original post by Bahamas
like what?

General Management, HR, Finance, Supply Chain/Procurement, etc etc.

the NHS has a management trainee scheme where you can rotate around some these areas:

http://www.nhsgraduates.co.uk/the-scheme/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending