Calyps00
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone got any advice for how to write longer questions in psychology? (Eg 8,12 and 16 markers?) I know the stuff I’m just really bad at writing essays
fauziaa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did Edexcel Psychology last year and got an A, my 8 and 12 marker actually made it on the examiner reporter lol.

For 8 markers, restrict yourself to 12 minutes, 4 AO1 points and 4 AO3 points and do it as 4 paragraphs so your first paragraph would be 1st AO1 point and then AO3 that links to that AO1, then repeat this 3 more times.
Always write a conclusion for your 8 markers which includes a brief weakness and strength (so if your question was Evaluate Milgram's study according to ethical guidelines you can write in your conclusion, even though Milgram breached ethical guidelines - his study still has practical applications to society regarding how individuals will obey and authoritative figure)
Its better to not include practical applications as your AO3 because you can pretty much always write about it in your conclusion

I have a lot more advice but it would be too long to write here, if you want my notes and further advice just pm me
Last edited by fauziaa; 1 year ago
MintMcFlurry
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, can i have some advice on how to structure a 12 mark evaluate question please. (EDEXCEL)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads