English lit gcse paper 2 help Watch

hanboz1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! i’m currently having a meltdown because my 2nd lit paper is on Thursday and I know no poems and have no idea where to start?? Please could anyone help me with key quotes for some poems I can compare or that I should learn because learning all 16 seems extremely unattainable. Thanks i’m very lost help would be much appreciated.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i've moved this to english exams and study help forum so hopefully you get a response
also you've got this:yep: have you looked at which poems are the most comparable? like i think i remember london and ozymandias can both be compared to loads of the poems (but my memory isn't that great) i always found youtube videos on the poems/revision guides useful for getting detail about the poems and there's lots of songs on youtube for learning quotes
hanboz1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thank you so much !!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anxa
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah im kind of panicking too
Davy611
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't try and learn every poem now. Watch some videos on YouTube and BBC Bitesize. If you're doing the Power and Conflict cluster, I'd suggest getting to grips with four of them properly: London, War Photographer, Remains and Exposure. That should cover literal conflict, internal conflict (PTSD) and a poem about control and authority. They're all pretty short and accessible too so you should build confidence. 'Ozymandias' (probably) won't be the named poem as that was last year's named poem. 'Bayonet Charge' was the named poem in 2017.

https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/guides/zsp82hv/revision/1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeZCQlUMQxI

and so on...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads