Yes they start late only a little bit late (5-15mins)52%
Yes they start late-But a lot later (20mins +)15%
Yes they start late but I AM NOT bothered5%
Yes they start late but I AM not bothered5%
No they are exactly on time.24%
Total votes: 66
Hi people,
Just curious to know are your exams on time
For example all Morning exams at my school are ment to start at 09:00AM exactly and the Afternoon exams are ment to start at 13:00PM.
All my exams that I've had have started at least 10-20 minutes later than usual which is sort of frustrating because I really hate waiting to start exams.

Also do latecomers at your school get extended time too.

Just wanting to know are do your exams start promptly.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They are usually a couple of minutes after the set time. But nothing drastic - this afternoon we were meant to start at 13:30 and started at 13:33 which hardly made a difference.
We Never start on time .. it's so annoying lol .. and people who do come late get extended time ....
Reply 3
Oh crap I repeated one of the poll options sorry guys
We normally start on time, at most 10 mins later than it should be

If people aren't there we just start without them
Reply 5
All of ours start usually around 20 minutes late, due to several reasons:

1.) The same person turning up about 10 minutes after the scheduled start time.
2.) About half of our desks are wobbly so the invigilator has to give us some paper to make the desk stable.
3.) Most people don't realise that you have to use black ink and so they have to ask for black ball-point pens.
4.) The usual speech about how no notes and only permitted items are allowed.

...so yes, so far, none of my exams have started on time :smile:
Reply 6
Well at my school ..Exam start about 15 mintues late all the time! Like today we had maths and it started 15 minutes late... oh well who cares?
Its not like we get our time deducted
Normally start on exact time. Though, for my second RS exam we were 10 minutes early...
Reply 8
about 15 minutes late is the norm, we are never exactly on time.
Reply 9
At my school people who come late get extended time which is slightly unfair.if you are late you are late at the end of the day.I think you should only get extended time if you have a valid excuse Lol :rofl:
Maths was half an hour late today, due to invigilators fannying on with papers.
Then the head of maths got paranoid about calculators, getting all the teachers to make sure everyone was in the correct mode.

Normally they're only about 5-10 minutes late though.
Very rarely on time, unless there's only a few of us doing the exam.
Reply 11
At the center that I am still at (for a few more days anyways) all morning exams start at 9:30 am and all afternoon exams start at 2pm. Only time the times are different are if there are clashes and/or the exam is something like a private candidate or weird unit for a subject that I never knew the center could teach and thus time is linked with the invigilator's designated arrival times and all that.
Reply 12
Lol we almost always start early, by 10-15 minutes.

Like they get everybody in the exam hall seated and ready at 1.45, and then start by 1.48 or so - we had a massive talk on how to go about sitting exams so they don't really say anything before exams any more, just hand out the papers, wait a minute, then say begin.
most of mine start on time. 10 minutes late for maths today but that was only because we had to wait for the other half of the year (who were in another room) to begin.
At my school they usually don't start giving out the papers until the time it is meant to start! Like in History today, it was meant to start at 1pm but they didn't give out the papers till then. We usually start 15 minutes late, because after the papers are handed out they have to do the speech about not having notes and writing in black pens. I'm used to it though, because exams have always been like that at my school, so it doesn't bother me :smile:
Reply 15
At our school, they give us a powerpoint presentation lasting about 5 minutes that is related to the subject. This settles everyone down - We start almost EXACTLY on time
We regularly start five to ten minutes early... we're told to turn up 10 minutes before the published starting time, so if everyone's there, why not start as soon as possible? If a couple of people are missing (not usual) then we wait until 0900/1400 and then we start.
Reply 17
my school's full of people who can't be bothered and the school actually has to ring them to get them to come in. some of them don't even bother coming in.

i hate it, i get there on time so i can start on time, in the time i'm waiting for them to arrive i could be doing last minute revision, but i'm not able to. it annoys me SO MUCH. especially when i'm nervous and just want to get it over with.
I thought that the time was a guide, and as long as the exam has started before other people's may have finished it was ok.

By that I mean if it is an hour and a half exam, with 1:00 on the front of the paper the latest it could start is 2:30, so that their is no crossover.
Reply 19
yeah mines are usually on time the latest it has ever been is about 5 minutes, everyone usually comes early like 10 mins or 5 b4.

Latest