Devoloping late Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,
So this is a little bit of an awkward topic but I’m 15 and I still haven’t started my period: I don’t really wanna start it anyway because it hurts. I just don’t know if it’s something to be worried about because my mum started late too, it’s just when people ask me about it, it’s awkward you know, because they’re all like ‘you’re so lucky’ and ‘oh I wish I had started late too’ but I mean it’s like ur not the one who looks like someone in 5th grade and everyone else looks normal? I guess I just kinda want some reassurance that it’s natural?
xavoa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Don't worry too much. I am boy and I am only 5 foot 9 inches and I am 16 years old, so there is still time. 👌
ParadoxSocks
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You have plenty of time for your period to start, and once you do get it you may be longing for when you didn't! If your mum developed a little later, then it's entirely possible that you're just following her.

Periods don't always hurt, so try not to be too worried about starting them. When they do kick in, and if they are uncomfortable, there's plenty of options that you can talk to your GP or pharmacist about to ensure it's more comfortable.

It doesn't make you abnormal, or others more normal as you are still well within the age range when your periods and development should kick in.

If you're worried, and/or it's knocking your confidence, don't feel embarrassed at all to go and talk to your GP about it.
apple32
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Don't worry about it. This is not something you have control over. It comes when it comes. It's different for everyone. In the meantime, you should enjoy life no matter what you look like. Stop stressing over it and just concentrate on school instead of your looks.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
So this is a little bit of an awkward topic but I’m 15 and I still haven’t started my period: I don’t really wanna start it anyway because it hurts. I just don’t know if it’s something to be worried about because my mum started late too, it’s just when people ask me about it, it’s awkward you know, because they’re all like ‘you’re so lucky’ and ‘oh I wish I had started late too’ but I mean it’s like ur not the one who looks like someone in 5th grade and everyone else looks normal? I guess I just kinda want some reassurance that it’s natural?
char lotte
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My sisters best friend only started when she was 17. I started mine when I was 15 but I told all my friends I started way earlier because I wanted to fit in. Trust me, many of your friends are probably doing the same. Please please please do not stress about it because there are so many factors that could be stopping you getting yours just yet. Genetics, being underweight, stress,diet and so many more. I've been where you are and the stress is so not worth it. It will come just be patient. If you are really worried maybe try speaking to your GP and see what they say?
char lotte
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Also everyone is different, mine rarely hurt and for most people is nothing a paracetamol can't help. x
abbeyxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Don’t worry about it! I’m 15 and my period started when I was 10, which makes sense because my mum started around that age too. Lots of people don’t start their period until later on. Usually, you shouldn’t worry about not getting it until you’re around age 17.

I know you must hate hearing this lol, but in my eyes you are lucky! I wish I started later on because I developed early and I’ve missed out on so many opportunities because of my period. Even though you may feel worried, make this period-free time last!
choco_monsterxo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
My friend started when she was like 16-17 & i did start when i was 12. Everyone starts at their own time there however if u do have concerns its best to see a dr about it
Jesus Serrano
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
are you still a full virgin
xavoa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Jesus Serrano)
are you still a full virgin
oh yes...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.22%
They might tell the bully (34)
9.44%
I don't think they'd understand (55)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (139)
38.61%
There's nothing they could do (106)
29.44%

Watched Threads

Latest