The Student Room Group

Fortnite changed my son for the worse

Hello everyone, concerned father here. Recently, my 11 year old son downloaded the video game "Fortnite" after playing it at a friend's house. While I didn't mind at first, it soon began to affect his character. Within a week, he had taken up hard drugs and smoking. When asked to do his homework, he called me a "default" and did a strange dance. His grades have been dropping heavily ever since that day and now he's threatening me with violence. Yesterday I entered his room to see him smoking a cigar and playing extremely loud rave music, he has dyed his hair blue and now refuses to go to classes unless we "take the battle bus". I don't know what that is but he refuses to take any form of transport except that. Please I am so concerned, what do I do?
:tongue:
Try to talk to him and make him spend less time playing video games. Try to make him invest his time and effort in activities or his hobbies or interests. So he’d have a healthy life away from video games. You should also try to make him have friends whether they were girls or boys. I myself have grown up playing video games. I had spent more than 10h a day playing video games everyday. I would never deny, it affected my life. I got no regrets toward it; as it taught me many things. But the disadvantages were more the advantages.
What you should do is become a better troll.
Wow...you actually managed to troll one person into giving you proper advice. Not bad.
Surely he's spent 2 months of your wages on 'legendary skins' and now you're faced with eviction... Son thinks he'll go live in a 200ft tower he"ll make in 30 seconds by waving an axe at a couple of old pallets.
Reply 6
I dont think fortnite would Do So
But it Is addicting That is something
I am 15 And when i play it i seem to get angry at people around me but i wont go off on my parents
You son needs some guidance and also all you need to do is take the game away
I havent played in over 2 months As i have my GCSe Exams
and it has been Ok and Easy to live without
The smoking part however that might not be off the game but the people he is playing with as fortnite players can range in ages
You should try to guide him he is still pretty young
Or you can take him to a psychologist (I am not sure about this one tho)
Psychologist
Troll better you lost us at I’m a concerned father...

Quick Reply

Latest