The Student Room Group

UK Muslims angrily protest against tolerance and diversity

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qup
Yes, and I hear that countless young girls and women were systematically groomed, trafficked and sexually exploited up in the northern regions of England, with a massive cover-up campaign being implemented to maintain "community relations" between the groomers and the state. Of course, I have heard rumours of it has been going on since the 1970s, and people who often talk about it are labelled "racist" or conspiracy theorist. That is interesting though, there was an MP who was fired temporarily for mentioning it, and many police officers were made to not do much about it in fear of losing their jobs or something like that. The fact that most people aren't aware that this is going on, even to this day, scares me quite a bit.

I also hear of cases of people being murdered with others doing absolutely nothing but watching it happen. Shame, really.

Also, are you trying to sympathy bait me?

in 12 years, there were 58 cases of grooming. In 1 month there 7000 killed in under a month for being muslim. 600 of which were under 5.
Did you know these "muslim terrorists" kill more muslim than non-muslim? were you aware of that?
LGBT Muslims to lead Birmingham pride.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/birmingham-pride-muslims-lgbt-school-protests-teacher-andrew-moffat-a8928701.html

No doubt they were exposed to ideas like it's okay to have two mummies when they were younger and it has confused them (and other dim ideas put forth in this thread).
Original post by omegauk
I don’t understand why the outsider program needs to be taught to primary schools kids, I had no education of gay relationships, same sex marriage through my entire school life yet I am respectful to people’s choices - there’s no real need to teach this to kids

Fair enough teach them in high school, but primary school really ??

It doesn’t look like you know what the no outsiders program is?
Original post by QE2
Hold on... so you know that Islam was cobbled together from elements of existing religions - but you still think it is the infallible, revealed word of a different god?
How does that work?

Yeah cause we believ all them previous religions are from the same god but have been altered by the people. All the prophets from Adam to isa (Jesus) including Abraham,Moses, Noah David etc etc all had the same religion to preach but people have altered them till the final messenger Muhammad came and Islam stayed.
Kindness towards everyone. Secondary can go into specifics about which groups are heavily discriminated against, why and how we can show acceptance to them.
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
You really need to look at the teaching materials. Kindness towards others is what the No Outsiders programme is about.
Muslims have groomed hundreds of thousands of White girls and yet they have nerve to play victim

The Left is dead, no respectful White person will vote for them

The Left will just mongrels and migrants to vote for them
Reply 586
Original post by Y274
Yeah cause we believ all them previous religions are from the same god but have been altered by the people. All the prophets from Adam to isa (Jesus) including Abraham,Moses, Noah David etc etc all had the same religion to preach but people have altered them till the final messenger Muhammad came and Islam stayed.

But Zoroastrianism and Arab Paganism do not contain any of those prophets. They are completely different from the Abrahamic religions, not even monotheistic in some cases. Yet Muhammad still used them for ideas for Islam. Why?
Original post by QE2
Hold on... so you know that Islam was cobbled together from elements of existing religions - but you still think it is the infallible, revealed word of a different god?
How does that work?

You're just twisting my words now.
There's no point talking to someone who has stubbornly fixed opinions and thinks that no matter what he has the best perception of islam, and its a religion that he doesn't even believe in but claims he knows more than anyone else.
Original post by QE2
Good. Hopefully you've learned something.

BTW, I love the way you keep ignoring that fact that your claims and arguments keep getting refuted.
I don't need to explain myself but i used the 'swear word' S H I T. I guess it is a really bad swear lol and i haven't been fasting, because of health reasons but do you want to judge me for that too? You're an ex muslim so you can do whatever you want, so you weigh the pros and cons and whatever you feel is right, Meanwhile, I'll pray to Allah for guidance and spiritual strength because when i pray i find peace within myself and that is the only thing keeping me going right now. I had to self medicate myself through my depression, and the way i did that was praying my namaaz, it helped me in so many ways. I'm sure you already know what namaaz is and how important is because you are an ex muslim, and i'm not going to judge you for your choice of leaving because truly only allah knows.
Original post by Fuego1
@wpastudentlife
and what about ex-muslims like myself? While we were muslims, did we 'understand islam properly and what it preaches' and when we leave the religion, we suddenly 'don't understand it and shouldn't be allowed to comment'? All your saying is that your way of thinking about islam is the right way and you have to keep reading up on it until you agree with that way.

Once again, you and many so called 'moderate' muslims fail to understand this. Ex muslims and other people like @QE2 and @PlantagenetCrown are not hating on muslims, nor on Islam. Muslims are a group of people and aroud 95% of muslims are genuinely decent people who don't follow their religious book to the core. However, all religions (be it hinduism, judaism, islam etc etc) are ideologies and a set of ideas from past times. Christianity reformed to adapt with the times, with the new testament, hence criticism is less - islam hasnt changed. On the topic of ideas, ideas have every right to be scrutinized, don't try and play the islamophobia card when your ideas get questioned and no, criticising islam isnt 'offensive or inflammatory'. We acknowledge that islam has its good parts to it (like all religions), however it has parts that are out of date, violent, mysogenistic and contradictory. Problem I see with many muslims today (even the so called moderate and cultural ones) is that they accept one side of the story, but do not see the other. They blindly ignore and cover the negative aspects of the religion or they do know about the negative aspects but don't want to highlight them in order to protect their religion, at the fear of being labelled as 'islamophobic'.

At school, I'm sure you were taught to view both sides of the story and weight up BOTH pros and cons of an idea, why don't you apply this to religion? why should religion get a free pass when it comes to criticism?

When you hand in a research proposal (your ideas) at university before you start a final year dissertation , your supervisor is going to look at it in detail and will most likely challenge all the aspects to it and question you a lot on it before you proceed with the dissertation. Are you going to get all upset and 'take offense' to this? Are you going to label the supervisor as 'racist' because they're challenging you a lot? Any large set of ideas will always come into question, especially when those ideas have to be applied to everyday life in whatever country you're in.

On another note, I'm pretty sure you are fasting now. I'm also aware that the way you act and communicate is also very important during that month - its not just about starving yourself and praying. Or does this knowledge now become invalid because I'm Ex-muslim? You seem to have resorted to expletives (swear words) in your post that you covered up with '****', which would pretty much break your fast and render all that time starving yourself/ praying as useless. We know what words you used and surely your all knowing God does too! You're not going to fool God now are you, or resort to lying which is also a sin in islam.
@QE2 I hope you finally move on from the topic of islam and find something else to focus your life on, it's getting a bit lame now but hey whatever floats your boat. I love my religion- Islam, and there's nothing you can do about it. You can say whatever negative things you want but the truth is us muslims don't care what you need to say, but the way you present such distorted pieces of information is what would normally make a muslim reply to talk some sense into you about where you're going wrong in your deep-rooted 'research'. But whatever right, you clearly seem to know more.
Why do Muslims get so much press in the UK? For example, Islamophobia is widespread in the South Asian community but there's virtually no media coverage whatsoever!
Reply 592
Original post by wpastudentlife
I don't need to explain myself but i used the 'swear word' S H I T. I guess it is a really bad swear lol and i haven't been fasting, because of health reasons but do you want to judge me for that too? You're an ex muslim so you can do whatever you want, so you weigh the pros and cons and whatever you feel is right, Meanwhile, I'll pray to Allah for guidance and spiritual strength because when i pray i find peace within myself and that is the only thing keeping me going right now. I had to self medicate myself through my depression, and the way i did that was praying my namaaz, it helped me in so many ways. I'm sure you already know what namaaz is and how important is because you are an ex muslim, and i'm not going to judge you for your choice of leaving because truly only allah knows.

You and I both know that the word 's.h.i.t' is a swear word, it isnt any more or any less than other words such as 'f.u.c.k', - else why didnt you use words such as 'poo' or 'faeces'. Now I couldnt give a 's.h.i.t' about such words but you and I both know that using such language and rude words goes totally against islam and the ways a muslim should behave as people. theres no point following a list of religious rules if you come across as a rude/nasty or aggressive person in nature. Since muslims like going to imams/scholars about things why not ask them 'is it permissable for a muslim to use bad language/swear words despite being surrounded by it' or 'is my fast still valid if I use bad language or will I need to re-do this fast' - you might be interested in the responses given because believe it or not, when I used to be somewhat religious, I asked this question once!

please hear me out but I don't know how much of this you will actually read. As I've got older, I do tend to weight up the pros and cons about particular ideas a lot more - I don't take things at face value and blindly follow things like I used to do when I was in my younger years. If you feel that salah has helped you out, then I respect that. A lot of factors caused me to leave. However, please note that I learnt how to pray when I was 10 years old! I stopped when I was 18 but I like to think that I did all of my prayers on time and even woke up for fajr (morning prayer) too. I was always told to ask for forgiveness for my sins and ask god to change some negative circumstances that I was facing earlier on and ask that God that he cures my older brother who is mentally unwell. I had faith but eventually realised nothing was changing so I gave up on my faith and lost it. Bare in mind, other factors had a role in my decision to abandon my religion. Also, why would an all loving and all caring god such as allah do such a thing and make my brother suffer as much as he has done throughout his entire life. what has my brother done to deserve that from god and now I supposed to keep on praying so God can make my brother better - why did allah do something this horrible in the first place? why has allah given my brother absolutely nothing in this life?

When I was somewhat religious, I was always put down and always told that I should be doing a lot more to 'please god'. Everytime I did something , I felt I was never doing enough and it lowered myself confidence and I felt bad about myself. why did I even need the shackles of a religion? I couldn't keep up with the endless number of rulings and disagreed with a lot of the concepts as I read a lot more about them in detail.

So I abandoned religion and decided to focus on being a good human being with good personal qualities rather than someone who was desperate to tick off all the boxes on a religious checklist. many religious people lack decent personal qualities and the ability to think like a human being. sorry if I offended you but this is how I feel
(edited 4 years ago)
This is a clear case of lacking sabr.
Prophet ayub (job) suffered hugely (lost his health,wealth and children) yet he had sabr and Allah rewarded him afterwards in the dunya and akhirah.
Yh i cant deny ive had really low points and sometimes i didnt have a lot of sabr, yet when things got better, i realised how stupid i was to feel so low and feel like no one could help me, yet the fact is I had Allah to help me.
From now on whenever im in a difficulty ayah 94:5-6 ( verily with the hardship there is relief, verily with the hardship there is relief) comes to mind as well as (Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear Surah Baqarah V 286)( And seek help in patience and prayers- Al baqara 45)(Indeed, The patient will be given their reward without account. -surah zumar)

and so i make dua so that Allah helps me and after time I see that everything has become 10x better than it was before.
Original post by Fuego1
You and I both know that the word 's.h.i.t' is a swear word, it isnt any more or any less than other words such as 'f.u.c.k', - else why didnt you use words such as 'poo' or 'faeces'. Now I couldnt give a 's.h.i.t' about such words but you and I both know that using such language and rude words goes totally against islam and the ways a muslim should behave as people. theres no point following a list of religious rules if you come across as a rude/nasty or aggressive person in nature. Since muslims like going to imams/scholars about things why not ask them 'is it permissable for a muslim to use bad language/swear words despite being surrounded by it' or 'is my fast still valid if I use bad language or will I need to re-do this fast' - you might be interested in the responses given because believe it or not, when I used to be somewhat religious, I asked this question once!

please hear me out but I don't know how much of this you will actually read. As I've got older, I do tend to weight up the pros and cons about particular ideas a lot more - I don't take things at face value and blindly follow things like I used to do when I was in my younger years. If you feel that salah has helped you out, then I respect that. A lot of factors caused me to leave. However, please note that I learnt how to pray when I was 10 years old! I stopped when I was 18 but I like to think that I did all of my prayers on time and even woke up for fajr (morning prayer) too. I was always told to ask for forgiveness for my sins and ask god to change some negative circumstances that I was facing earlier on and ask that God that he cures my older brother who is mentally unwell. I had faith but eventually realised nothing was changing so I gave up on my faith and lost it. Bare in mind, other factors had a role in my decision to abandon my religion. Also, why would an all loving and all caring god such as allah do such a thing and make my brother suffer as much as he has done throughout his entire life. what has my brother done to deserve that from god and now I supposed to keep on praying so God can make my brother better - why did allah do something this horrible in the first place? why has allah given my brother absolutely nothing in this life?

When I was somewhat religious, I was always put down and always told that I should be doing a lot more to 'please god'. Everytime I did something , I felt I was never doing enough and it lowered myself confidence and I felt bad about myself. why did I even need the shackles of a religion? I couldn't keep up with the endless number of rulings and disagreed with a lot of the concepts as I read a lot more about them in detail.

So I abandoned religion and decided to focus on being a good human being with good personal qualities rather than someone who was desperate to tick off all the boxes on a religious checklist. many religious people lack decent personal qualities and the ability to think like a human being. sorry if I offended you but this is how I feel
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 594
Original post by salimyasin10
This is a clear case of lacking sabr.
Prophet ayub (job) suffered hugely (lost his health,wealth and children) yet he had sabr and Allah rewarded him afterwards in the dunya and akhirah.
Yh i cant deny ive had really low points and sometimes i didnt have a lot of sabr, yet when things got better, i realised how stupid i was to feel so low and feel like no one could help me, yet the fact is I had Allah to help me.
From now on whenever im in a difficulty ayah 94:5-6 ( verily with the hardship there is relief, verily with the hardship there is relief) comes to mind as well as (Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear Surah Baqarah V 286)

and so i make dua so that Allah helps me and after time I see that everything has become 10x better than it was before.

I said all that when i was a muslim! I had faith but I lost it. The god of islam has done nothing to help my brother with his suffering. If the god of islam is capable of performing miracles, why doesnt he make my brother better? He's more concerned about a woman wearing make-up out in public yet doesnt tackle the real issues that innocent people face or the atrocities happening in the world.

Islam made me feel insecure, islam placed shackles on my thinking, islam ruined me. I feel better now without the weight of a religion on me. While you have every right to paint islam in a positive light, I have every right to share my views on the religion and my experiences with it
(edited 4 years ago)
As a muslim, you have to rememeber in the belief that God is omnipotent, so the belief God cant help people doesnt exist. Your brother has his specific test and he has his own one, Allah has decreed he has his illness, and thats his test, u can make dua to alleviate his pain ( i dont know his suffering), your brothers illness may end up being a mercy upon him if he acts in the right way.

The fact is islam doesnt shackle your thinking, it guides it instead.
Original post by Fuego1
I said all that when i was a muslim! I had faith but I lost it. The god of islam has done nothing to help my brother with his suffering. If the god of islam is capable of performing miracles, why doesnt he make my brother better? He's more concerned about a woman wearing make-up out in public yet doesnt tackle the real issues that innocent people face or the atrocities happening in the world.

Islam made me feel insecure, islam placed shackles on my thinking, islam ruined me. I feel better now without the weight of a religion on me. While you have every right to paint islam in a positive light, I have every right to share my views on the religion and my experiences with it
Reply 596
You're just twisting my words now.

No. You said that you knew that Islam contains elements from earlier religions but you still believe it is the perfect, revealed word of god.
Perhaps you need to explain further what you actually meant?
You didn't know that Islam is based on a variety of pre-Islamic beliefs?
You don't think it id the perfect, revealed word of god?
Reply 597
There's no point talking to someone who has stubbornly fixed opinions and thinks that no matter what he has the best perception of islam,

So you admit that there is no point in talking to you?

BTW, I am happy to admit that if credible, reasonable evidence that Allah exists or that Islam is true, or even if I am wrong about my position on Islamic ideology or origins, I will change my position.
Will you change your position in the face of credible, reasonable evidence?
Reply 598
I don't need to explain myself but i used the 'swear word' S H I T. I guess it is a really bad swear lol and i haven't been fasting, because of health reasons but do you want to judge me for that too? You're an ex muslim so you can do whatever you want, so you weigh the pros and cons and whatever you feel is right, Meanwhile, I'll pray to Allah for guidance and spiritual strength because when i pray i find peace within myself and that is the only thing keeping me going right now. I had to self medicate myself through my depression, and the way i did that was praying my namaaz, it helped me in so many ways. I'm sure you already know what namaaz is and how important is because you are an ex muslim,

It is no secret or mystery that religion can provide comfort or support during times of stress or trauma. However, as all religions, as well as "spiritual" beliefs such as meditation, healing crystals, etc, have been shown to provide such relief it is clearly something innate rather than external - unless you are claiming that all such beliefs are true?

and i'm not going to judge you for your choice of leaving because truly only allah knows.

Do you think it was Allah's will that Fuego1 left Islam?
Original post by salimyasin10
As a muslim, you have to rememeber in the belief that God is omnipotent, so the belief God cant help people doesnt exist.

You poor brainwashed dummy. You're told your god is omnipotent and beyond question, which is the biggest problem with religion. Everything must be questionable, or else you get stuck in the past time and time again.

Screw god. If he is able to prevent suffering and yet does not, he does not deserve worship. If he cannot prevent it, he still does not deserve worship.

Use your brain dear fellow, engage it, look beyond what you've been indoctrinated in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending