Unpopular opinions? Watch

Olivia.Omo16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
People of TSR: What opinion do you have that goes against the majority of others?
jamesbarry17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Religion evolved through natural selection.

(was I meant to talk about shoes?)
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
call of duty black ops 2 is the best call of duty
SchmuckOff
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fortnite sucks
lokidokie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The educational system in England isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
Olivia.Omo16
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can you explain what you mean by that? BTH your entitled to your opinion I just don't understand what your trying to say.
(Original post by jamesbarry17)
Religion evolved through natural selection.

(was I meant to talk about shoes?)
rubyft123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lasagne is really disgusting.
Tenya Iida
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rubyft123)
Lasagne is really disgusting.
this opinion should b more popular
jamesbarry17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Olivia.Omo16)
Can you explain what you mean by that? BTH your entitled to your opinion I just don't understand what your trying to say.
Well if you are aware of the theory of evolution by natural selection, it posits that certain human traits develop and survive in humans as they give a reproductive advantage. Religion has existed in some way or another as long as humans have been sentient, so it must serve some fundamental purpose.
yzanne
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
- Sweets are overrated
- ...as are oranges
- Fortnite is stoopid
- I'm young but I love being outside and can last without my phone
- Vans old skool high tops are yucky
- James Charles is most definately in the wrong but doesn't deserve all the hate he's getting - no-one does
- TikTok is cool (not the wannabe 13 year old Jacob Sartorius' - but the aesthetic and travel people are sick!!!!!!!!!!!)
- Green grapes > red grapes
- Disney movies are going downhill - the peak was HSM and also the classics like Cars and Ratatouille
- Paris is overrated - the 'romantic, picturesque city' is about 2 miles wide, outside of that you get les banilieues which is basically a ghetto - it is trashy and crime filled. Don't believe me? Watch La Haine.

Spoiler:
Show
*prepares self for 50 hate messages* :jebus:
Avogadrocado
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
HELL NO!
1. evolution has jackshit to do with religion
2. There is no such thing as a natural truth
3. When you are born you have no personality - you are controlled completed by your id (survive, eat, sleep, ****) - this is formed culturally. Religion is formed out of a fear of the unknown (the existential argument).
4. A leap of faith is a leap into metaphysical 'nothingness' with the hope that the absence of being that is actualised through death may resemble the state of being.
Well if you are aware of the theory of evolution by natural selection, it posits that certain human traits develop and survive in humans as they give a reproductive advantage. Religion has existed in some way or another as long as humans have been sentient, so it must serve some fundamental purpose.
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. Immigration is, overall, a positive thing and the EU is not to blame for the UK's perceived woes incl. its alleged lack of ''sovereignty''.
2. Abstaining from meat, dairy and eggs is the most ethical way of eating (fish and shellfish I'm probably ok if people want to consume them).
3. Smaller boobs > bigger boobs.
4. Pepsi is disgusting.
5. Sweatshops aren't necessarily evil.
CuriosityYay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
Fortnite sucks
How original

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5949818
CTRL+F
fort
jamesbarry17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Avogadrocado)
HELL NO!
1. evolution has jackshit to do with religion
2. There is no such thing as a natural truth
3. When you are born you have no personality - you are controlled completed by your id (survive, eat, sleep, ****) - this is formed culturally. Religion is formed out of a fear of the unknown (the existential argument).
4. A leap of faith is a leap into metaphysical 'nothingness' with the hope that the absence of being that is actualised through death may resemble the state of being.
Well the first point there is what my unpopular opinion was. The other points you raise are different issues; we can talk about them on the philosophy or religion boards if you want. But I think that to dismiss the link between religion and evolution is a) naive (at least explain yourself) and b) incorrect.
Avogadrocado
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your qualifications are?
Well the first point there is what my unpopular opinion was. The other points you raise are different issues; we can talk about them on the philosophy or religion boards if you want. But I think that to dismiss the link between religion and evolution is a) naive (at least explain yourself) and b) incorrect.
SWEET_ LEMON
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree with most of them believe it or not! :yep:
Sweets ARE overrated . There’re just so sugary and ..wierd.... and really bad for you .Especially Vimpto I mean- what’s with that . It’s so hard and makes your tounge go blue !!
Tick tock IS cool and so are green grapes .
Not to mention that I would prefer going out as well instead of playing on my phone

(Original post by yzanne)
- Sweets are overrated
- ...as are oranges
- Fortnite is stoopid
- I'm young but I love being outside and can last without my phone
- Vans old skool high tops are yucky
- James Charles is most definately in the wrong but doesn't deserve all the hate he's getting - no-one does
- TikTok is cool (not the wannabe 13 year old Jacob Sartorius' - but the aesthetic and travel people are sick!!!!!!!!!!!)
- Green grapes > red grapes
- Disney movies are going downhill - the peak was HSM and also the classics like Cars and Ratatouille
- Paris is overrated - the 'romantic, picturesque city' is about 2 miles wide, outside of that you get les banilieues which is basically a ghetto - it is trashy and crime filled. Don't believe me? Watch La Haine.

Spoiler:
Show
*prepares self for 50 hate messages* :jebus:
Last edited by SWEET_ LEMON; 1 month ago
Jyro
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sweet waffles work well with Chicken

Spoiler:
Show
My taste buds are 'unique' lol
SWEET_ LEMON
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Everyone’s gonna hate me for this but ..
Instagram and especially Snapchat are rubbish.
Everyone is obsessed with having likes and followers and use silly filters . Everything in social media is fake and leaves people feeling depressed and addicted.
Glaz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ray_shadows)
call of duty black ops 2 is the best call of duty
y e s
(Original post by schmuckoff)
fortnite sucks
y e s
Goofballx69
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thats only a 20% of the people...not everyone
(Original post by SWEET_ LEMON)
Everyone’s gonna hate me for this but ..
Instagram and especially Snapchat are rubbish.
Everyone is obsessed with having likes and followers and use silly filters . Everything in social media is fake and leaves people feeling depressed and addicted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (60)
21.82%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (93)
33.82%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
21.45%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (27)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (36)
13.09%

Watched Threads