question about french irp (aqa a level) Watch

aoadam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
[sorry if wrong forum]

hi !! my teacher has me confused about the sources for the irp. i have a few questions, if any1 is able to help )

• can both/all sources be from online ?
(there are two spaces to fill out on the sheet: one for the online source(s), and one for “one further resource”. im a bit confused by this)

• can they be wikipedia articles ?

• do they all have to be french sources? does at least one of them have to be french ?

my teacher has either not addressed these, or given me conflicting info on them lol

thanks !
MinaBee
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by aoadam)
[sorry if wrong forum]

hi !! my teacher has me confused about the sources for the irp. i have a few questions, if any1 is able to help )

(there are two spaces to fill out on the sheet: one for the online source(s), and one for “one further resource”. im a bit confused by this)

• do they all have to be french sources? does at least one of them have to be french ?

my teacher has either not addressed these, or given me conflicting info on them lol

thanks !
They can't really stop you from just using online sources but I would recommend using books or journal articles. You don't have to buy the books yourself either. If you go on Google Books you can often read full books or get access to a few chapters from them.

I wouldn't recommend using Wikipedia articles. If you go to the bottom of Wikipedia articles however you can see the books and websites they've used. I'd have a look through them instead.

They don't have to be but it probably would look better if you used a few French sources.
RoseRouge
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by aoadam)
[sorry if wrong forum]

thanks !
I don’t think it matters! I got all my sources online for my irp and yes they have to be in French, I wouldn’t recommend Wikipedia as it isn’t reliable so it’s best not to include that.
aoadam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
thanks )
(Original post by MinaBee)
They can't really stop you from just using online sources but I would recommend using books or journal articles. You don't have to buy the books yourself either. If you go on Google Books you can often read full books or get access to a few chapters from them.

I wouldn't recommend using Wikipedia articles. If you go to the bottom of Wikipedia articles however you can see the books and websites they've used. I'd have a look through them instead.

They don't have to be but it probably would look better if you used a few French sources.
(Original post by RoseRouge)
I don’t think it matters! I got all my sources online for my irp and yes they have to be in French, I wouldn’t recommend Wikipedia as it isn’t reliable so it’s best not to include that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?