How lenient will Aston be with me? Watch

Ashhh.g
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have firmed my offer for International Relations and Politics with BBC. However, I have two problems. I no longer want to do this course but still want to go to Aston Uni but do English Lang and Lit. Also, I think I can get BB in Sociology and English or possibly AB but I'm not quite sure if I can get a C in Law. Do you think Aston will be lenient if i get perhaps a D or E in Law but do really good in my other two A Levels?
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ashhh.g)
I have firmed my offer for International Relations and Politics with BBC. However, I have two problems. I no longer want to do this course but still want to go to Aston Uni but do English Lang and Lit. Also, I think I can get BB in Sociology and English or possibly AB but I'm not quite sure if I can get a C in Law. Do you think Aston will be lenient if i get perhaps a D or E in Law but do really good in my other two A Levels?
Have you told them that you want to change course? best to do that now rather than later.
Ashhh.g
Rep:
?
No I haven't. Do I call them up and ask them to change it? I thought it would've been too late to change it now and id have to go through clearing.
denlab
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Possibly? If you take a look here:

https://m.unistats.ac.uk/subjects/en...eturnTo/Search

There are many entrants who have got in with quite low grades. But that ‘E’ really should be a ‘C’ at least!
Ashhh.g
Rep:
?
Thankyou, that link solved my worries! I will of course try my best to get a C in Law!!
(Original post by denlab)
Possibly? If you take a look here:

https://m.unistats.ac.uk/subjects/en...eturnTo/Search

There are many entrants who have got in with quite low grades. But that ‘E’ really should be a ‘C’ at least!
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ashhh.g)
Hi,

Like most Universities there is some leniency in our entry requirements and the offer made to you. However there isn't a set pattern as it is affected by a number of variables which change year on year such as: Number of applicants, the grades those applicants are holding, number of teaching staff, course funding etc.

It may be too late at this stage to formerly change your course in UCAS, but I would flag this with our admissions team as suggested above, historically they will process a number of course changes in the first two weeks of teaching period one.

Good luck in your exams

Josh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads

Latest