Help!!! Lost my passport and signing for a house soon!! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Guys I'm freaking out. I think I've lost my passport and we have to sign for our house ASAP but they want student card and passport as ID and I think I've lost mine!!! Absolutely trashed my bedroom searching for it and found everything except my passport!! I have a scan of my passport and my expired one but I'm afraid this won't be enough and fear losing the house. Told my housemates are they're all mad at me, I don't know what to say to the estate agents. Do I just tell the truth and hope they'll accept the scan along with a birth certificate or something? I feel so stupid.
TS33
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Guys I'm freaking out. I think I've lost my passport and we have to sign for our house ASAP but they want student card and passport as ID and I think I've lost mine!!! Absolutely trashed my bedroom searching for it and found everything except my passport!! I have a scan of my passport and my expired one but I'm afraid this won't be enough and fear losing the house. Told my housemates are they're all mad at me, I don't know what to say to the estate agents. Do I just tell the truth and hope they'll accept the scan along with a birth certificate or something? I feel so stupid.
You see ns_2 , if you care about your citizens then you should vote for my petition and help people like this get another one for cheaper.
yzanne
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think unless you find it, you'll have to tell the truth so that they can sort it out - don't rely on the ID you currently have because, as you say, it may not be enough. I really hope you do find it though.

In the meantime, you're going to have to apply for a new one and quick! In future, please please buy a safe so this kind of situation doesn't happen to you again!
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
An ID scan of passport should be fine [so long as it's in date]

when I rented a room the landlord didn't ask for the physical passport. He just asked me to send him a scan.

I suggest you stop seeing the estate agents in person, so when they ask you for the passport they are more likely to ask for you to send them a scan via email, rather than photocopy it themselves. If you are going to see them in person most likely they will want the physical copy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads