ShekinahM
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm taking my GCSEs right now and i don't know if anyone elsw sometimes feels like there mock results will turn out to be better than the real thing.
Is it just me??
sunanon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I actually pretend that every gcse exam is a mock (ive done 8) to make me less stressed. On the one hand yes i take them less seriously but it’s better than panicking and flunking the exam altogether.
As for your results, don’t worry you aren’t graded on the questions but you are graded on how everyone else does. For your mocks they probably used existing grade boundaries or made them up. From what I hear the grade boundaries might be low this year because everyone seems to be doing ****.
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sunanon)
i actually pretend that every gcse exam is a mock (ive done 8) to make me less stressed. On the one hand yes i take them less seriously but it’s better than panicking and flunking the exam altogether.
As for your results, don’t worry you aren’t graded on the questions but you are graded on how everyone else does. For your mocks they probably used existing grade boundaries or made them up. From what i hear the grade boundaries might be low this year because everyone seems to be doing ****.
praying for low grade boundaries
ShekinahM
Rep:
?
I actually pretend that every gcse exam is a mock (ive done 8) to make me less stressed. On the one hand yes i take them less seriously but it’s better than panicking and flunking the exam altogether.
As for your results, don’t worry you aren’t graded on the questions but you are graded on how everyone else does. For your mocks they probably used existing grade boundaries or made them up. From what I hear the grade boundaries might be low this year because everyone seems to be doing ****.
Same! I've been so calm in exams but when i come out i feel like i could do better. Is it possible for my grades to go down
Last edited by ShekinahM; 1 year ago
ShekinahM
Rep:
?
But we only know of people on twitter what about everyone else they might have found it easy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (609)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (757)
41.94%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.43%

Watched Threads