The Student Room Group

Real thing Vs mocks GCSEs

I'm taking my GCSEs right now and i don't know if anyone elsw sometimes feels like there mock results will turn out to be better than the real thing.
Is it just me??
Reply 1
I actually pretend that every gcse exam is a mock (ive done 8) to make me less stressed. On the one hand yes i take them less seriously but it’s better than panicking and flunking the exam altogether.
As for your results, don’t worry you aren’t graded on the questions but you are graded on how everyone else does. For your mocks they probably used existing grade boundaries or made them up. From what I hear the grade boundaries might be low this year because everyone seems to be doing ****.
Original post by sunanon
i actually pretend that every gcse exam is a mock (ive done 8) to make me less stressed. On the one hand yes i take them less seriously but it’s better than panicking and flunking the exam altogether.
As for your results, don’t worry you aren’t graded on the questions but you are graded on how everyone else does. For your mocks they probably used existing grade boundaries or made them up. From what i hear the grade boundaries might be low this year because everyone seems to be doing ****.

praying for low grade boundaries
Reply 3
Original post by sunanon
I actually pretend that every gcse exam is a mock (ive done 8) to make me less stressed. On the one hand yes i take them less seriously but it’s better than panicking and flunking the exam altogether.
As for your results, don’t worry you aren’t graded on the questions but you are graded on how everyone else does. For your mocks they probably used existing grade boundaries or made them up. From what I hear the grade boundaries might be low this year because everyone seems to be doing ****.

Same! I've been so calm in exams but when i come out i feel like i could do better. Is it possible for my grades to go down
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by sunanon

But we only know of people on twitter what about everyone else they might have found it easy

Quick Reply

Latest