The Student Room Group

Nose bleed after endoscopy

I went for an trans nasal endoscopy meaning the camera went through my nose and down into my stomach at around 1600, it’s now 1900 and my nose has started to bleed? Is this normal, on the sheet they give you it says “If you have any severe pain or bleeding, report...” Does this mean any bleeding or severe bleeding because the bleeding isn’t severe it isn’t actually dripping.
Original post by AidenHa
I went for an trans nasal endoscopy meaning the camera went through my nose and down into my stomach at around 1600, it’s now 1900 and my nose has started to bleed? Is this normal, on the sheet they give you it says “If you have any severe pain or bleeding, report...” Does this mean any bleeding or severe bleeding because the bleeding isn’t severe it isn’t actually dripping.

They probably scratched your nose when doing it. I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps happening.
As long as it is a small amount of blood you should be ok. Heavy bleeding would probably refer to a stomach or esophageal tear where you would be vomiting blood. Pinch your nose and it should stop. But if it gets worse or doesn't stop I would seek medical advice. And if you are worried you can always ring the NHS 111 service to see what they say. Hope you fee better soon

Quick Reply

Latest