Regrets not applying Watch

Tahm1202
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, currently I'm having regrets about the University I am attending, I'm a second year Law student at Southampton. My grades at A-level were AAA. I'm having regrets of not even trying to apply to more top universities such as UCL, Oxford and Cambridge for example. Is there really any point of me having regrets? And is there any way of me applying to those Universities, or finish my current undergraduate?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tahm1202)
Hi, currently I'm having regrets about the University I am attending, I'm a second year Law student at Southampton. My grades at A-level were AAA. I'm having regrets of not even trying to apply to more top universities such as UCL, Oxford and Cambridge for example. Is there really any point of me having regrets? And is there any way of me applying to those Universities, or finish my current undergraduate?
The best you can do is a transfer into year 2 or 3. You wont have enough student finance unless ofc you are self financing.

If your grades are exceptional since A levels, then talk to the unis concerned. The time to do this was end of first year.
The entry grades for the above may well be A*AA. AAA wont be seen as making you a strong candidate by itself.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't know that there's a lot of point having regrets at this stage - you're almost two thirds through your degree! And Southampton is still a very good uni where lots of other people will have AAA - it's not like you're at Solent. If you're aiming for a career as a solicitor, your AAA will be helpful when it comes to applying for training contracts and you will not be disadvantaged due to going to Southampton.
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
apply in your second year, everyone has regrets of not applying into the school they should've! Dont let yourself down and apply
ChangeOurWorld
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The
Most top universities want A*AA, including UCL and Cambridge so they might be out of the question. I have regrets myself about not applying to certain places and I don't think that will ever really go away. But what you can do is make the most of your degree now, get excellent grades. You could always apply to do an LLM at a top university after you graduate. A lot of people I know at LSE went to other and often less prestigious universities for their undergraduate degree but did really well to get into LSE for postgrad!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads