History a level the British empire 21st May 2019 Watch

###:)))
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Anyone else really stressing about this exam?.
Rep:
?
Please let's make this a really great and super useful thread. Everyone with any useful tips on essay writing, last minute revision, or just general tips on this exam, as well as any great resources, links to useful websites and any predictions please share.

Thankss
Isman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am also sitting this exam and I am really nervous. Its dangerous to talk about predictions and so on when there has only been two papers to look at but they're going to fill the gaps at some point e.g. there has not been much on Key Question 3 (economics) and the year 12 time period (1857-1914). I have been revising by looking at practice exam questions from the AQA textbook and making flash cards / mind maps. It is a breadth paper so you don't need to go in to much detail unlike component 2 which requires detail.
Good luck!
Rep:
?
Yes you're right it's very difficult to know what might come up and it's especially annoying because there's so much to revise since it's such a broad course and in the end a large amount of it won't even come up. Your revision technique sounds really good, wish I had done that but I think it's too late now - I have done a few essay plans but I generally find it difficult to narrow down all the information to just a few strong points, and my essays become too waffly which makes my argument weaker. I'm hoping we'll get nice questions on the early period because that's literally the only bit I properly know!
(Original post by Isman)
I am also sitting this exam and I am really nervous. Its dangerous to talk about predictions and so on when there has only been two papers to look at but they're going to fill the gaps at some point e.g. there has not been much on Key Question 3 (economics) and the year 12 time period (1857-1914). I have been revising by looking at practice exam questions from the AQA textbook and making flash cards / mind maps. It is a breadth paper so you don't need to go in to much detail unlike component 2 which requires detail.
Good luck!
Rep:
?
(Original post by ###:))))
Please let's make this a really great and super useful thread. Everyone with any useful tips on essay writing, last minute revision, or just general tips on this exam, as well as any great resources, links to useful websites and any predictions please share.

Thankss
Also, does anyone know a good website (other than the AQA website) with lots of essay question examples and possibly example answers/model answers?
Joanne2001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ###:))))
Yes you're right it's very difficult to know what might come up and it's especially annoying because there's so much to revise since it's such a broad course and in the end a large amount of it won't even come up. Your revision technique sounds really good, wish I had done that but I think it's too late now - I have done a few essay plans but I generally find it difficult to narrow down all the information to just a few strong points, and my essays become too waffly which makes my argument weaker. I'm hoping we'll get nice questions on the early period because that's literally the only bit I properly know!
Is it just me that left it way too late?? I’ve been cramming it all for the past 4 days and it’s not looking good 😂
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Lucimae01
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Seneca learning is good for a quick recap over topics to test yourself
Isman
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good luck guys!
Joanne2001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How did people find it?
Isman
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The extracts were okay. I picked the question on Southern Africa people and wrote about Egypt and Sudan which is North Africa , I talked about Disraeli and Gladstone has different ideologies on imperialism which led to inconsistency and the influence of European powers e.g Brussels and Belgium conferences 🤦*♂️. I picked the economic relations questions and wrote about India, Middle East and Africa.
What questions did you guys pick?
Asad_OG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Okay, I can't lie it was pretty hard. Also if anyone can answer this, but in my third factor, on 'colonial administers benefiting people in Britain or those who are ruled' - I used the wrong Colonial Administrator, but the stuff I wrote was really good. It included dates judgement and wider context. An answer and some reassurance would be helpful!
(Original post by Joanne2001)
How did people find it?
Joanne2001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Isman)
The extracts were okay. I picked the question on Southern Africa people and wrote about Egypt and Sudan which is North Africa , I talked about Disraeli and Gladstone has different ideologies on imperialism which led to inconsistency and the influence of European powers e.g Brussels and Belgium conferences 🤦*♂️. I picked the economic relations questions and wrote about India, Middle East and Africa.
What questions did you guys pick?
Yeah I didn’t mind the extracts, the essays were absolutely disgusting, can’t believe India didn’t come up!! I did the question on South Africa and the economics one, but I only wrote half of the essay on economics and didn’t even put any stats in, did terrible
Asad_OG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Guys on the colonial administrators question, I accidentally used the wrong Colonial Administrator on a factor, but the information I used was really good as I used dates and wider context. Can I get some reassurance? XD

Planning to smash this Cold War exam - feeling motivating for it. Lets gooo!
Isman
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Asad_OG)
Guys on the colonial administrators question, I accidentally used the wrong Colonial Administrator on a factor, but the information I used was really good as I used dates and wider context. Can I get some reassurance? XD

Sorry I didn’t choose the colonial administrators question.
EmmaRBarker
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
which colonial administrator did you use? Any in the period 1890-1914 were fine
Joanne2001
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Asad_OG)

If it was a colonial administrator from that period then you will get the marks, if it’s from before or after then you probably won’t get many marks for it, if any
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (175)
32.35%
The paper was reasonable (267)
49.35%
Not feeling great about that exam... (59)
10.91%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
7.39%

Watched Threads