The Student Room Group

Maths gcse 2019 (higher) aqa - unofficial mark scheme

Feel free to comment your answers
what was the answer to how many times larger the unshaded circle is to the shaded semi circle
Original post by t08y c011ins
what was the answer to how many times larger the unshaded circle is to the shaded semi circle
i got 5 but im prob wrong
Original post by t08y c011ins
Reply 4
3rd to last question anyone?
Original post by jasper03
3rd to last question anyone?

Was that the length of the line? If so I got 8 root 5
Same I got 8 root 5 too by using the distance formula
Reply 7
I did wrong 😖
Reply 8
It’s 10 root 5
You had to put the equation into y =mx + c form and then make x 0 to find y value and x 0 to find y value. Then you had to use Pythagoras give root 500 because the sides came to 10 squared and 20 squared, then root the 500 to give 10 root 5
Original post by finlay291202
Was that the length of the line? If so I got 8 root 5
What about that "turning point" question?
I did eventually get an answer but only after using calculus ( definitely not gcse content!)
The question and my answers are attached, if you would like to look.

Is there actually a way to solve this with gcse maths content? 20190521_114309.jpg
I got the same thing for turning point
I got -24 and I did not use calculous. a was 2 because X was minus 2 and at the turning point y is lowest. For y= (X+a)^2 + b
The lowest possible value of y is when (X+a)^2 is 0.

. Then I substituted in X and y which were 1 and 3.

So 1 = (3+2)^2 + b

B must equal -24 which is the lowest point and the y value.
Original post by ndewy
What about that "turning point" question?
I did eventually get an answer but only after using calculus ( definitely not gcse content!)
The question and my answers are attached, if you would like to look.

Is there actually a way to solve this with gcse maths content? 20190521_114309.jpg
Original post by Faxxxxxx
I got the same thing for turning point

Through calculus??
On Mobile so didn't see the above comment due to crap data connection . Thanks for this Beanmasie - it makes alot of sense!
No problem. Did u use calculus in the exam? Would be pretty funny for the examiner since we haven't been taught it. Also what did u get for the cumulative frequency graph papers with mark less that 15? Everyone seems to disagree on this one
Original post by ndewy
On Mobile so didn't see the above comment due to crap data connection . Thanks for this Beanmasie - it makes alot of sense!

Quick Reply

Latest