Do you think that I like this girl or not? Watch

Ultrasonix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ok so there's this girl, and I'm gonna need to rewind to tell you this stuff:

Year 7 , we get sat next to each other for English (which we have every day) and pretty much hate each other during this whole time

Year 9 , we've both changed a lot. We have an expedition/camping thingy and we get put in the same group (Which I technically made but that's a long story)

During this whole experience (including the planning that leads up to it) we become closer and by the end of it all, we are friends. I also start to have a crush on her

Year 10 , and we get at near each other in many classes and directly next to each other in Chemistry. The only other guy on out table was a bit weird and we talked to each other a lot. There were very clearly sparks between us that neither of us wanted to acknowledge; other people suspected we liked each other

As we become closer friends, I realise that I value our friendship more than any relationship we could ever have and start to stop having romantic feelings for her

Then, the year 10 version of the camping/expedition thing came around and I was in her group again (didn't make them this time). We were in the same group for preparation and the first trip but not the second one, although, we still hung out (with other people) once we arrived at the camping location

During this time, my feelings for her kinda started to resurface, and by the end of it all... I was really unsure whether I had a crush on her or not. I knew that either way, I cared about her deeply. Anyway, we end the year as quite close friends.

End of the Sophomore year and I'm going off on holiday on the second last day of school. Day before I leave, one of my best friends say that he knows who I like (after a long conversation about other stuff) I assure him that I know who he thinks I like and that I don't.

So I text him and he says he thought I liked this girl and I told him I don't and that I really hope she doesn't like me because if she does and says so, then it would make our friendship really awkward (and that's what I wanted to preserve)

This guy being the absolute bleep-de-bloop that he is (Don't worry, I'm still friends with him) told me he was gonna ask this girl and her friends if she liked me. I told him that's stupid because: 1. They wouldn't say it and 2. They're gonna think I like her. He keeps on insisting that he'll be discreet. but there's nothing I can do because I'm in another country

Anyway. he texts me saying that she and her friends said she doesn't (as expected). I continue to text her during the summer holidays. This is like the first time we have been able to actually hold up conversations on text (despite being able to talk so easily face-to-face)

Year 11 is different here in the UK. We have final exams and then many people switch schools for their next 2 years.

We aren't sat next to/near each other in any classes (Chemistry teacher had to move the class around because some people including us talked too much). We are however both still in music together and that is a small class

We still talk, but not as frequently or in depth as we used to. I almost got this feeling that she thought I liked her and was trying to not lead me on or whatever

This is where I become really confused

There was a strong possibility that she would be leaving the school (There isn't anymore) and I become quite saddened by this. I never actually ask her if she is leaving because I didn't want to have to accept that if she was

I started to think about how I could tell her that I care about her so deeply as a friend without making her think that I like her. I make loads of forum posts in different places asking people and I kept getting responses saying that I might just be repressing romantic feelings for her.

As we approach the last weeks of school (and this could totally just be my paranoia or whatever), I get this feeling that she is finding me annoying again and start to doubt that she ever viewed me as a friend. (Based off of actions I am probably looking too much into)

Last proper day of school (before exams leave etc.) and we are signing shirts (because uniform in the UK). We only see each other with like 1 minute of shirt signing time left. I start writing "I know you hated me in year 7 but I'm glad we ended up friends" However while I'm writing, the teacher shouts out "30 seconds left" and I forget what I was writing. I end up writing something like "I know you hated me in year 7 but - OK". We both laughed about it at the time, but I was quite sad about it. Also she didn't get a chance to sign mine (because time)

Anyway, I text her afterwards and say I forgot what I was saying and I tell her what I actually meant to say. She responds with two laughing emojis which could either be her not wanting to respond or her not knowing what to say in return

Either way do you think that:

I might just be repressing romantic feelings for her.

I'm just really confused. :/
Hopefully1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It is possible that you are repressing romantic feelings for her but I feel you are overthinking things. You value her friendship and for now, perhaps, that is what is best between you - your friendship. You can have a wonderful connection with a plutonic friend of the opposite sex - for sure. Since it is about summer break again I suggest you give it a rest. If she's act at all annoyed by you you need to give her space. You don't want her to start disliking you.
Sometimes when you give the other person space they really value the friendship when you reconnect. Go off for your summer holiday and have a wonderful time. Don't text her unless you have a real reason to and see if she texts you. After reading what you wrote I feel she values your friendship but as a friend (which can be very good) but not romantically.
Ultrasonix
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you
(Original post by Hopefully1)
It is possible that you are repressing romantic feelings for her but I feel you are overthinking things. You value her friendship and for now, perhaps, that is what is best between you - your friendship. You can have a wonderful connection with a plutonic friend of the opposite sex - for sure. Since it is about summer break again I suggest you give it a rest. If she's act at all annoyed by you you need to give her space. You don't want her to start disliking you.
Sometimes when you give the other person space they really value the friendship when you reconnect. Go off for your summer holiday and have a wonderful time. Don't text her unless you have a real reason to and see if she texts you. After reading what you wrote I feel she values your friendship but as a friend (which can be very good) but not romantically.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (289)
31.86%
The paper was reasonable (436)
48.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
12.02%
It was TERRIBLE (73)
8.05%

Watched Threads