The Student Room Group

AQA Combined Science Trilogy [higher] Physics paper 1 Revision material and predictio

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How did you get those predictions like what did you base them on
Original post by sqrt of 5
no thats why i said here's my prediction ^-^
no thats why i said here's my prediction ^-^

Your predictions are 'always accurate' according to your last comment. Any evidence that you were able to predict precisely what would appear on the first biology and chemistry papers?
Original post by Tolgarda
Your predictions are 'always accurate' according to your last comment. Any evidence that you were able to predict precisely what would appear on the first biology and chemistry papers?

yes for biology if you give me a sec ill try to find the piece of paper. for chem i just thought went through last year paper
Reply 43
However, I personally think you can't 100% be sure of whats gonna come up on the paper, you might have got lucky with the biology one, but Its just better to revise all of the topics anyway just incase :smile:
Original post by Tolgarda

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5942880 here is bio nothing on b6 i think came up but there rest was there
Original post by sonu2003
However, I personally think you can't 100% be sure of whats gonna come up on the paper, you might have got lucky with the biology one, but Its just better to revise all of the topics anyway just incase :smile:

i revised everything that didnt came up
Reply 45
I think questions on the national grid is gonna come up this year.
Does anyone have tough physics questions to try because I find them so easy.
Reply 47
Ok 5 questions (First 2 is easy but it get tougher and harder):
a) Whats the purpose of a variable resistor?

b) What is meant by radioactive Isotope?

c) Potassium-39 does not undergo radioactive decay, what does this tell us about potassium-39?

d)During radioactive decay, atoms of potassium-40 change into atoms of calcium-40. Calcium-40 has an atomic number of 20 and mass number of 40. What type of radioactive decay has taken place?

e)The isotope, caesium-137, was also released during a disaster. Caesium-137 has a half life of 30 years. In what year will the activity of the caesium released in the disaster have fallen to 1/8 of the initial activity?
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
Does anyone have tough physics questions to try because I find them so easy.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 48
Ok 5 questions (First 2 is easy but it get tougher and harder):
a) Whats the purpose of a variable resistor?

b) What is meant by radioactive Isotope?

c) Potassium-39 does not undergo radioactive decay, what does this tell us about potassium-39?

d)During radioactive decay, atoms of potassium-40 change into atoms of calcium-40. Calcium-40 has an atomic number of 20 and mass number of 40. What type of radioactive decay has taken place?

e)The isotope, caesium-137, was also released during a disaster. Caesium-137 has a half life of 30 years. In what year will the activity of the caesium released in the disaster have fallen to 1/8 of the initial activity?

a) To adjust the resistance of a circuit by a specified amount
b) a radioactive isotope is an isotope with an unstable nuclei that releases radiation in a process known as radioactive decay.
c)Potassium-39 has a stable nucleus.
d)beta radiation as it ejected a fast moving electron when a neutron turned into a proton.
e) 1/8 = 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 3 half lives. 3 * 30 = 90 years. So in 90 years it would have fallen to 1/8 of initial activity.

Thanks for questions, could somebody confirm their correct or give improvements! It's appreciated :smile:
Reply 49
U got them all correct :smile: :thumbsup:
Original post by zackforest
a) To adjust the resistance of a circuit by a specified amount
b) a radioactive isotope is an isotope with an unstable nuclei that releases radiation in a process known as radioactive decay.
c)Potassium-39 has a stable nucleus.
d)beta radiation as it ejected a fast moving electron when a neutron turned into a proton.
e) 1/8 = 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 3 half lives. 3 * 30 = 90 years. So in 90 years it would have fallen to 1/8 of initial activity.

Thanks for questions, could somebody confirm their correct or give improvements! It's appreciated :smile:
Reply 50
Another thing that they might put into our Exam this year is the uses and disadvantages of Renewable and Non-renewable Energy resources.
Reply 51
Also there might be stuff on the national grid etc
Reply 52
Btw, what revision guides do you all use for your revision for Science?
Btw, what revision guides do you all use for your revision for Science?

cgp and mygcsescience. if you want any videos from there lmk they are very helpful
Reply 54
Thank you :biggrin:
cgp and mygcsescience. if you want any videos from there lmk they are very helpful
Ahhhhhhhhhh 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤
I feel so unprepared- I have revised so much but I am scared that it's just going to fly away in the exam. 😥
I hate physics, it's my worst subject and I am crapping myself atm.
I am aiming for a 6 at the very least.
Any ways to revise that are not staring at a screen or revision book?
Reply 56
Seneca is a Revision website for all subjects that is much more engaging and overall better than traditional revision guides.
Original post by Stardom33
Ahhhhhhhhhh 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤
I feel so unprepared- I have revised so much but I am scared that it's just going to fly away in the exam. 😥
I hate physics, it's my worst subject and I am crapping myself atm.
I am aiming for a 6 at the very least.
Any ways to revise that are not staring at a screen or revision book?
Seneca is a Revision website for all subjects that is much more engaging and overall better than traditional revision guides.

i still havent done any revision yet :'(
Thanks!
Reply 59
whos ready for this paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending