Will any universities accept me without GCSEs?

Watch
WaffleApple
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I know 100% that i want to go to university... I'm 23 years old.

Now my problem, i don't have many GCSE qualifications. What i have is below.

Level 2 diploma in IT
Level 3 subsidiary diploma in IT
Functional skills English level 2
Functional skills Maths level 2
Art B (GCSE)

I do not particularly want to go into an IT related field. Although i don't have an IT degree I have been doing freelance web development for a few years and i find it boring as hell!

What would be the quickest way into university? Without spending a further 2 years on A levels.

What are some good choices for uni's that accept without GCSEs? What good fields to go into that don't require them on entry?
Last edited by WaffleApple; 2 years ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by WaffleApple)
I know 100% that i want to go to university... I'm 23 years old.

Now my problem, i don't have many GCSE qualifications. What i have is below.

Level 2 diploma in IT
Level 3 subsidiary diploma in IT
Functional skills English level 2
Functional skills Maths level 2
Art B (GCSE)

I do not particularly want to go into an IT related field. Although i don't have an IT degree I have been doing freelance web development for a few years and i find it boring as hell!

What would be the quickest way into university? Without spending a further 2 years on A levels.

What are some good choices for uni's that accept without GCSEs? What good fields to go into that don't require them on entry?
The quickest way would be an access course which is one year. I suggest you do some decent research into what career or what degree you wish to study first so you can make sure you take the correct access course. You havent given an indication.

FS Maths and English will only be acceptable to some unis. The thing you need to consider are what do you wish to do and are your academic abilities enough? Lower ranked unis will be more amenable.

You can get a loan for an access course assuming you are a UK citizen and have lived here for the last 3 years.

http://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/ACCESS/F...s/Default.aspx
Rilwan001
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah do an access course its hard but will get you want you want if you work hard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (59)
38.06%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (16)
10.32%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (7)
4.52%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (35)
22.58%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
15.48%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (14)
9.03%

Watched Threads