The Student Room Group

Will the UK ever win the Eurovision again...?

The last time we won was in 1997 and we were last place this year (2019).
not sure. I knew we were not going to win but I didn't think we'd come last. we were that bad surely. I heard people wasn't voting for us because of Brexit and leaving the EU which is understandable but still last place 😭
The EU hate us.

Good. Let their anger and hatred consume them.
Of course we can win, but we need a great song, a great singer and great staging. Staging and singers the UK can do, but for some reason the BBC always picks dud songs. ALWAYS.

Stop sending tired, out-dated X Factor-ish songs and we might have a chance.
Probably, although adding countries from outside of europe doesn't help our chances. There's also the fact that we send crap to compete more often than someone of substance.

We're doing quite well in terms of the big five too. Second most recent to win it.
Original post by Other_Owl

That is really a dissapointment, all the more it was not the worst song at the contest, on the contrary it was one of the best, top five in my opinion. Don't know when the UK wins again and what it has to be done. :dontknow:
Original post by Other_Owl

Definitely but we need time. The last time the Netherlands won was in 1975 marking 44 years since we last won. I'd say as a possible prediction the UK will also have to wait that long. In the meantime bbc need to send better & bigger (pun intended) songs to actually get to the left side of the leaderboard.

We haven't won since 1997. Thats what? Around 22 years we haven't won. So we're halfway there already approximately. Mostly due to sending bad *cough*electro velvet*cough* engelbert* songs. Throw politics in and we're screwed. It would have to be a reaaally good song we send + great staging, + performance on the actual night.

Promotion of a uk eurovision song would help too (dae notice uk song was the last to be released? Was one of the last songs to have a music video released? One of the last countries to arrive to host country when several countries had already had their first rehearsal... all of that Did. Not. Help.)
(edited 4 years ago)
No, you will come last every single year because no one likes you.
Reply 8
Straight up, we deserved last place this year, the Uk was SO boring, he stood there and sang his generic song and did NOTHING. Netherlands deserved to win, altho australia was my personal favourite

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending