My fear of cats Watch

1billion
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I used to be really scared of cats and wouldn’t even walk past one even if it was quite far away.

Overtime this fear reduced and I began to have the confidence to walk past cats without being too scared.

It’s been a few months and just recently today, there was a cat sitting in the middle of the pavement. I walked towards it and would’ve thought that it would run away. However, it just sat there staring at me.

I was scared to walk too close to it as I didn’t want it to see me as a threat, so I went through somebody’s driveway to walk past it.

Obviously I can’t be walking through somebody’s private driveway everyday just because I’m scared to walk too closely to a cat.

What can I do?

Any advice would be appreciated as I suffer from OCD and can’t stop worrying about whether this’ll happen often, and how to tackle the situation.

Thanks.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 1billion)
I used to be really scared of cats and wouldn’t even walk past one even if it was quite far away.

Overtime this fear reduced and I began to have the confidence to walk past cats without being too scared.

It’s been a few months and just recently today, there was a cat sitting in the middle of the pavement. I walked towards it and would’ve thought that it would run away. However, it just sat there staring at me.

I was scared to walk too close to it as I didn’t want it to see me as a threat, so I went through somebody’s driveway to walk past it.

Obviously I can’t be walking through somebody’s private driveway everyday just because I’m scared to walk too closely to a cat.

What can I do?

Any advice would be appreciated as I suffer from OCD and can’t stop worrying about whether this’ll happen often, and how to tackle the situation.

Thanks.
Cat's don't see you as a thread unless you give them reason to most of the time, it could be staring because it would like some fuss. Walk at a decent pace past the cat and as long as you don't do anything sudden to bother it it shouldn't do you any harm
Your Local Cat
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (334)
15.63%
The paper was reasonable (1166)
54.56%
Not feeling great about that exam... (461)
21.57%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed