The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Maths Exam 2019 Paper 1 - 22/05/2019

How are you feeling???

Scroll to see replies

scared like so scared like unbelievably scared
unprepared even though I've done basically every past paper I could get my hands on
don't be! the fact that you're scared means you actually give a **** so don't worry... Honestly the examiner wants to award you as much as possible think of the examiner like a friend who you're trying to explain a problem to... trust me everything will be just fine if you cant do something leave it no point wasting time leave like 30 min at the end to go for the ones that weren't immediately obvious... even then play with idea draw a diagram if it helps... decompose the problem... get rid of words that don't make sense to you and replace them ALSO SLEEP THE NIGHT BEFORE... u can cram for RS u can cram for geography or whatever but for Maths you cannot be sleep deprived I swear the number of times I missed a 9 in mocks because of simple **** is ridiculous and I personally blame it on the other subject that I had to cram... if you feel unprepared don't honestly you and I both half the country doesn't give a dam... WALK IN THERE AND ACE IT CAUSE YOU KNOW YOU ARE A BOSS... but don't be cocky and not go through ur **** that would be stupidity
Original post by SparklesH
scared like so scared like unbelievably scared
Original post by PyroVulpese
don't be! the fact that you're scared means you actually give a **** so don't worry... Honestly the examiner wants to award you as much as possible think of the examiner like a friend who you're trying to explain a problem to... trust me everything will be just fine if you cant do something leave it no point wasting time leave like 30 min at the end to go for the ones that weren't immediately obvious... even then play with idea draw a diagram if it helps... decompose the problem... get rid of words that don't make sense to you and replace them ALSO SLEEP THE NIGHT BEFORE... u can cram for RS u can cram for geography or whatever but for Maths you cannot be sleep deprived I swear the number of times I missed a 9 in mocks because of simple **** is ridiculous and I personally blame it on the other subject that I had to cram... if you feel unprepared don't honestly you and I both half the country doesn't give a dam... WALK IN THERE AND ACE IT CAUSE YOU KNOW YOU ARE A BOSS... but don't be cocky and not go through ur **** that would be stupidity

Thanks that was motivating cus I'm aiming for a 7 :smile:
If I can get that 45-50 marks to get a grade 7 I would be over the moon
Original post by Baby_Mama

SAMEEEE

Are you prepared?
if i get a grade 9 imma go sweet home alabama if i get an 8 ill be very h a p p y if i get a 7 -_- why must god curse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i wont feel sad just angry cause i keep getting that consistently) anyways in my year 11 mock i got a 5 in the most recent mock i got a 7, so just do alot of past papers and work on what you struggle.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Coolkitkat23
if i get a grade 9 imma go sweet home alabama if i get an 8 ill be very h a p p y if i get a 7 -_- why must god curse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i wont feel sad just angry cause i keep getting that consistently) anyways in my year 11 mock i got a 5 in the most recent mock i got a 7, so just do alot of past papers and work on what you struggle.

I was stuck at an 8 like throughout the year since like year 10 the last mock I was a mark away from a 9 and my teachers like at least ur consistent then proceeds to give me a 7 predicted...
o o f that sucks! when i was in year 10 i was predicted an 8 i got a 6 moved down my set, got a 5 stayed the same set, I was NEVER predicted any higher, and my teacher only expected me to get a 6, however i upped my game and i got a 7 cause i actually started trying in class... well done on that 1 mark near a 9 tho!
I was stuck at an 8 like throughout the year since like year 10 the last mock I was a mark away from a 9 and my teachers like at least ur consistent then proceeds to give me a 7 predicted...
Have anyone done the IGCSE in year 10?
My school has and barely passed and my school is making us do the GCSE for maths
That's piss taking since all of us has 3 exams to do even though we pass the IGCSE in year 10
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Are you prepared?

I did a lot of papers which I would get roughly 40 marks on but continue to lose stupid marks on things like algebra and surds but I would say Im more prepared than before. What about you?
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
SAMEEEE

Are you trying to do a-level maths?
How many marks do u guys think it’ll be to get a 6

Thanks so much for thattt x I genuinely feel a lot better now hopefully it all goes well for all of uss
I have worked my ass of so much and i am so hingry for that ****ing 9. I just don't wanna fall short
Original post by SparklesH
Thanks so much for thattt x I genuinely feel a lot better now hopefully it all goes well for all of uss
I did a lot of papers which I would get roughly 40 marks on but continue to lose stupid marks on things like algebra and surds but I would say Im more prepared than before. What about you?

Yeah same ..the highest I've got is like 47 marks. I reallllly want a 7.
I'm not doing maths for A-level though Are you?
Also do you do geography cuz I have maths and geography on the same day:frown:
Original post by student2030
How many marks do u guys think it’ll be to get a 6

I think about 35-45 marks on each paper
Original post by Keri00Summers
How are you feeling???

If you're studying higher then feel free to join our discussion here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5874628

Quick Reply

Latest