Report 4 weeks ago
Anything specific you need advice on?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Keri00Summers
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My friend likes this guy but they are not friends or the same class, but I totally hate his guts but I also want my friend to be happy....
So do I need to tell her that he's an ******* or let her ask him out...
PS: It's the first guy she likes....
Flashback: A couple of years ago, he and I sat on the same table and had to do a project together but he didn't do any part of it... He just did the presenting part and our teacher gave us a 6 (B), which I worked hard for. Then he told the teacher that he did most of the work, which actually the teacher believed him - i wanted to kill him for telling the fricking lie..... After that most of my classmates in that class actually believed him..... do you know how pissed i was??? My friend started to like him for his "smartness", even though it was my HARD WORK.....
I told her that i'm actually the one who did the presentation and GUESS WHAT... She was like he's actually did it.... I'm there like dude, your meant to take my side not for some guy you started to like.....
A couple of months later, he started to date this girl in the year group and guess what my friend didn't even come to school for a week because of that....
I was actually glad that happen because i'm not letting my friend get used until recently they broke up....
My friend actually has hope to get him like her back..... Thinking back on her, I don't know what to do
Tell me what I should do: let them date like she wants or not
(Original post by Leahmitch)
Anything specific you need advice on?
Leahmitch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
My friend likes this guy but they are not friends or the same class, but I totally hate his guts but I also want my friend to be happy....
Flashback: A couple of years ago, he and I sat on the same table and had to do a project together but he didn't do any part of it... He just did the presenting part and our teacher gave us a 6 (B), which I worked hard for. Then he told the teacher that he did most of the work, which actually the teacher believed him - i wanted to kill him for telling the fricking lie..... After that most of my classmates in that class actually believed him..... do you know how pissed i was??? My friend started to like him for his "smartness", even though it was my HARD WORK.....
I told her that i'm actually the one who did the presentation and GUESS WHAT... She was like he's actually did it.... I'm there like dude, your meant to take my side not for some guy you started to like.....
A couple of months later, he started to date this girl in the year group and guess what my friend didn't even come to school for a week because of that....
I was actually glad that happen because i'm not letting my friend get used until recently they broke up....
My friend actually has hope to get him like her back..... Thinking back on her, I don't know what to do
I’m just gonna be honest. If I was in your position I would be 100% stuck on what to do. I think consistently warning her off him would help however that may mess with your relationship wit your friend. The best way she will realise that he is ******* is by letting her date him. If she can’t take your word for it then let her experience it her.

Also because I’m petty, I would make a fake account and get him to admit what he did then show her or try to get him to like your fake account and then brutally end it with him. Sorry I have no mercy for someone that would take credit for someone else’s work
keptinside
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
TheRealSquiddy you got dis fam
username2923348
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So, it sounds to me like to have a bit of a dilemma because:

1. This guy seems to have started an attraction based on something that's not true
2. You are caught between personal feeling and friendship
3. You don't know if he actually likes her

My opinion: Let it happen, lest you damage your friendship with your friend. Look, at the end of the day, if he isn't all he seems to be she will quickly discover this and dump him. Or, maybe they will be really good for each other, he may even become a better person. At the end of the day, you only have a few interactions that have made you dislike him, it really isn't enough to form a full opinion on someone.

So, let your friend date him and see what happens, don't risk your friendship over small reservations, it's not worth it.

nha. thanks for the tag. My work here is done.
keptinside
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheRealSquiddy)

1. This guy seems to have started an attraction based on something that's not true

My opinion: Let it happen, lest you damage your friendship with your friend. Look, at the end of the day, if he isn't all he seems to be she will quickly discover this and dump him. Or, maybe they will be really good for each other, he may even become a better person. At the end of the day, you only have a few interactions that have made you dislike him, it really isn't enough to form a full opinion on someone.

So, let your friend date him and see what happens, don't risk your friendship over small reservations, it's not worth it.

Das my g
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
ok so i can’t tell if a guy actually likes me or not, idk if I’m just there cause he’s bored and it’s exams. bc sometimes he’s super nice and caring, taking interest into things that I’m passionate about even if he might not actually like it, responds to my messages instantly and helps me out in class. But other days he acts really weird and has these dry ass convos and ignores me, Idk what to think man.
Adz2042
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He probably acts weird because he's shy and isn't sure what to ask you to make an interesting conversation.
Maybe come up with 2-3 starter questions, but develop them into more detail.
Link them to school, or the classes you both take, or something you both have in common.
For example:
Hey, I noticed that you're also interested in (insert skill / something you're passionate about here). That's awesome.
Him: 'Yeah, I like that too.
If he doesn't respond cause he's shy, ask the following follow-up Q: So what in particular do you like about it?
He should give an answer.
You: No way! I had that in my head too. What a coincidence. By the way, do you like (insert something else, like Disney, or Marvel movies, or Crazy Golf etc)?
He'll answer.
You: Me too (even if you don't like it, just say yes, as it gets you both talking). I was thinking maybe we could meet up after school / find a time that suits us both to maybe, grab a drink at (insert your fav coffee chain / place) and after, (insert activity).
How does that sound?
Either the guy will agree (if he likes you). If he doesn't, then you know he isn't into you but at least you've tried.

Hope this helps.
(Original post by Anonymous)
ok so i can’t tell if a guy actually likes me or not, idk if I’m just there cause he’s bored and it’s exams. bc sometimes he’s super nice and caring, taking interest into things that I’m passionate about even if he might not actually like it, responds to my messages instantly and helps me out in class. But other days he acts really weird and has these dry ass convos and ignores me, Idk what to think man.
Adz2042
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's a tough situation to be in.
Do you only dislike the guy because he took credit for your work?
If so, that's not really a reason to completely dislike someone. Chances are, you probably have something in common like an interest or hobby that you haven't thought to ask him about.
For your friend, she clearly doesn't trust you enough, as she is siding with him that he did the work.
So if she likes the guy and wants a relationship, you can express your views to her, but let her know she will be hurt in the long-run. Also let your friend know it could cause you issues with your friendship if she pursues this path.
If she doesn't believe you (& does get hurt later) you're covered. Because you told her it would happen.
If, on the other hand, she apologises and she sides with you, and is turned off, then ok. Friendship saved.

Keri00Summers
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank You Guys
(Original post by Adz2042)
That's a tough situation to be in.
Do you only dislike the guy because he took credit for your work?
If so, that's not really a reason to completely dislike someone. Chances are, you probably have something in common like an interest or hobby that you haven't thought to ask him about.
For your friend, she clearly doesn't trust you enough, as she is siding with him that he did the work.
So if she likes the guy and wants a relationship, you can express your views to her, but let her know she will be hurt in the long-run. Also let your friend know it could cause you issues with your friendship if she pursues this path.
If she doesn't believe you (& does get hurt later) you're covered. Because you told her it would happen.
If, on the other hand, she apologises and she sides with you, and is turned off, then ok. Friendship saved.
(Original post by Leahmitch)
I’m just gonna be honest. If I was in your position I would be 100% stuck on what to do. I think consistently warning her off him would help however that may mess with your relationship wit your friend. The best way she will realise that he is ******* is by letting her date him. If she can’t take your word for it then let her experience it her.

Also because I’m petty, I would make a fake account and get him to admit what he did then show her or try to get him to like your fake account and then brutally end it with him. Sorry I have no mercy for someone that would take credit for someone else’s work
(Original post by TheRealSquiddy)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (337)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (466)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (180)
8.35%

Watched Threads