The Student Room Group

University Major

What should I expect when majoring in Bsc Economics when I only take Science and Maths for A Levels?
Original post by yesayas
What should I expect when majoring in Bsc Economics when I only take Science and Maths for A Levels?

You should pick it up very easily. No real background is needed, maths is certainly useful especially when you reach econometrics.
Reply 2
Original post by yesayas

Have a look at the two links in my signature. These cover very nicely what you should expect from a degree in economics. Equally, they provide an overview of the modules you could study and explain the sort of content that will be covered.

As has already been said, though, you do not need to have A-Level Economics to undertake an undergraduate degree in the subject. Mathematical ability is the most important thing. A previous poster said A-Level Maths will be useful for econometrics, and this is true, but equally it will be useful for micro and macro; often economics problems boil down to constrained optimisation problems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending