Abster79293
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So sometimes when people speak to me about something important (say a teacher is answering my question) and I really want to listen I physically can’t hear them even so I usually just smile and nod and act like I listened when I heard nothing. It’s like the more I want to listen the less I can? I do have mood swings but I don’t think I’m hyper enough to have adhd but I really can’t concentrate on anything. One minute I’m doing my homework, the next I’m singing a song I just thought of, the next I feel a sudden urge to plan a holiday then the moment I go on google I find a interesting story and read that instead and completely forget what I was doing. Am I just forgetful and have bad listening skills or could I have add?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Abster79293)
So sometimes when people speak to me about something important (say a teacher is answering my question) and I really want to listen I physically can’t hear them even so I usually just smile and nod and act like I listened when I heard nothing. It’s like the more I want to listen the less I can? I do have mood swings but I don’t think I’m hyper enough to have adhd but I really can’t concentrate on anything. One minute I’m doing my homework, the next I’m singing a song I just thought of, the next I feel a sudden urge to plan a holiday then the moment I go on google I find a interesting story and read that instead and completely forget what I was doing. Am I just forgetful and have bad listening skills or could I have add?
there's lot of checklists online, take a look at one of those and see if there are more symptoms you have and speak to a doctor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (5)
9.62%
Disagree (4)
7.69%
Neither agree or disagree (15)
28.85%
Agree (18)
34.62%
Strongly Agree (10)
19.23%

Watched Threads