The Student Room Group

Should I join Air Cadets?

Currently year 9, building up to GCSEs. For around half a year I’ve had a long term health issue that has stopped me from going to school. I’ve recovered now, but there’ll still be some periods where I’ll be sick. I’ve heard great things about air cadets and wish to join.
I also live around an hour and a half away from school (one way), so get home at around 5:40. Are these things above issues? I would love to join but due to also being on holiday for a long period of time over the summer, there might be some intermittent time where I’m unable to attend. I’m also wondering if they can provide gluten free food (not for a fad) on camps and the like.

Thanks.
I think you can join air cadets like you still have time to get to the squadron after school and I don’t think they would get mad at you if you skipped for a good reason like being actually sick but I suggest giving them a heads up. I don’t know about the gluten free food one but when there are camps upcoming you can always ask.
Yeah I think you should go for it, I went and it was fun. Some Squadrons vary on their rules, but mines wadn't very strict. Btw, you have to do a lot of physical activity.
Yeah physical activity isn’t a problem, quite into sport, not really physical fatigue but loss of energy over time.
oh then you should go for it as you're the ideal age to join (it's until you're 19)
Original post by TheHungryBadger
Yeah physical activity isn’t a problem, quite into sport, not really physical fatigue but loss of energy over time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending