future_11
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have mocks in june/july and i really want to get good grades (even though i know they arent that relevant) and its extra revision which will make it easier in year 11 for me hopefully
Im aiming for:

English Lit - 6
Maths- 8
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics -8
French - 6
Sociology - 7
Geography - 7
RE- 7

I would like to know what yr10 mocks were like for you, were they harder than expected and any tips for me? THANKS
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, I'm in year 11 at the moment. Year 10 mocks were extremely helpful for me, I was able to go back and examine the topics I wasn't confident at after i had completed the mock. They were difficult, but a good example of what it would be like next year.
How much revision are you doing right now, per day for year 11 exams and general revision? Don't burn yourself out yet, year 11 will jam-packed of revision and pre-examinations. Don't worry about year 11 exams yet, you've got a lot of time still!
future_11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hello, I'm in year 11 at the moment. Year 10 mocks were extremely helpful for me, I was able to go back and examine the topics I wasn't confident at after i had completed the mock. They were difficult, but a good example of what it would be like next year.
How much revision are you doing right now, per day for year 11 exams and general revision? Don't burn yourself out yet, year 11 will jam-packed of revision and pre-examinations. Don't worry about year 11 exams yet, you've got a lot of time still!
Thanks for the advice. Right now im doing 2 hours after school Mon-Thur and an hour on Friday. I usually just chill on Saturday but like 3 weeks from the mocks i'll start doing 2 hours on Sat as well (chill things like going through notes etc). On Sunday the minimum i do it 3-4 hours. I don't feel burned out at all, just motivated
SchmuckOff
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The mocks were harder than my current gcse's so don't stress if you don't do as well as you may have thought
(Original post by future_11)
I have mocks in june/july and i really want to get good grades (even though i know they arent that relevant) and its extra revision which will make it easier in year 11 for me hopefully
Im aiming for:

English Lit - 6
Maths- 8
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics -8
French - 6
Sociology - 7
Geography - 7
RE- 7

I would like to know what yr10 mocks were like for you, were they harder than expected and any tips for me? THANKS
syrup!
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i did really well tbh

my advice would be past papers for sciences
and for french bang out vocab
future_11
Rep:
?
(Original post by syrup.02)
i did really well tbh

my advice would be past papers for sciences
and for french bang out vocab
ok thanks. do you mind me asking what grades you got?
future_11
Rep:
?
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
The mocks were harder than my current gcse's so don't stress if you don't do as well as you may have thought
That's what everyone has been telling me BUT that motivates me to work even harder because i know i'll be disappointed if i don't get 7/8 in at least maths and the sciences because i've been getting 9's in my end of topic tests all year so i will feel as though i've let myself down even if i know that everyone else done bad as well.Any advice?? thank youu
Incede
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't get too stressed during the mock period because you will probably have multiple exams every day in a short space of time. In the real thing exams are more spread out.
SchmuckOff
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not even , we have like 2 exams a day
(Original post by Incarcarus)
Don't get too stressed during the mock period because you will probably have multiple exams every day in a short space of time. In the real thing exams are more spread out.
syrup!
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ok thanks. do you mind me asking what grades you got?
i dont remember my mock grades but i remember my gcse grades which were pretty much the same:

English Lit - 6
English Lang - 9
Maths- 9
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 9
Physics -9
French - 8
Spanish - 8
RS - 8
DT - A
Music - 6
Further Maths - A^
Incede
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SchmuckOff)
Not even , we have like 2 exams a day
At least we can revise for each exam as they come, its spread over 4-5 weeks with a week in the middle.
Pops123A
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tbh mocks aren’t that hard and there not really important as you will probably do a lot of mocks in year 11. Just revise but you don’t need to revise hardcore as they aren’t your actual GCSE’s
Im aiming for:

English Lit - 6
Maths- 8
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics -8
French - 6
Sociology - 7
Geography - 7
RE- 7

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (18)
34.62%
No (30)
57.69%
I don't know (4)
7.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed