Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello all, the English Lit exam (Paper 2) is approaching rapidly! In AQA, I'm doing An inspector calls and power and conflict for poetry.
After I've written my essay for AIC, do I add an conclusion to finish, or leave it out?
Also, any last minute revision tips for An inspector calls?
Thanks
CCA6324
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hello all, the English Lit exam (Paper 2) is approaching rapidly! In AQA, I'm doing An inspector calls and power and conflict for poetry.
After I've written my essay for AIC, do I add an conclusion to finish, or leave it out?
Also, any last minute revision tips for An inspector calls?
Thanks
We have been taught to always conclude our essays with the argument we have started with in our thesis statement to make sure our essay is coherent and has a thread linking it all together. Remember to always link your thesis statement at the start and your conclusion to the question.
l.eah2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'd say definitely include a conclusion but it doesn't have to be long, just go over what you've said in your essay and do a final judgement. There's a YouTube channel called Mr bruff that has some good revision for inspector calls. Make sure that you have a quote for each character and theme
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Thank you!
My teacher had told me not to write a conclusion, but when I looked at past student exam answers they all had conclusions. Would it be perfectly fine just start it with "in conclusion"? Or would that lower my marks by being that basic?
(Original post by l.eah2)
I'd say definitely include a conclusion but it doesn't have to be long, just go over what you've said in your essay and do a final judgement. There's a YouTube channel called Mr bruff that has some good revision for inspector calls. Make sure that you have a quote for each character and theme
l.eah2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Thank you!
My teacher had told me not to write a conclusion, but when I looked at past student exam answers they all had conclusions. Would it be perfectly fine just start it with "in conclusion"? Or would that lower my marks by being that basic?
I don't think it really matters you could go for something like 'overall' but as long as you get your point across it's fine
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Thank you!
(Original post by l.eah2)
I don't think it really matters you could go for something like 'overall' but as long as you get your point across it's fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
31.65%
No - I have already returned home (20)
12.66%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
20.89%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.86%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25.95%

Watched Threads