Parametric integration?? Watch

Sophee7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys, so I’m unsure whether parametric integration is on the edexcel new a level spec. I have seen 1 question in an edexcel workbook about it but can’t find anything in the actual spec document about it :/ any opinions?
eldoesmusic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
according to my teacher, it is on the spec but they added it in last minute or something like that so barely any textbooks (like pearson) will have anything in it. Pearson textbooks have an extra section on it in the teacher's online book I think
pretty sure it is on the spec though
Sophee7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ah ok! Thanks
(Original post by eldoesmusic)
according to my teacher, it is on the spec but they added it in last minute or something like that so barely any textbooks (like pearson) will have anything in it. Pearson textbooks have an extra section on it in the teacher's online book I think
pretty sure it is on the spec though
cleganebxwl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sophee7)
Hi guys, so I’m unsure whether parametric integration is on the edexcel new a level spec. I have seen 1 question in an edexcel workbook about it but can’t find anything in the actual spec document about it :/ any opinions?
it's on the spec. there's an insert for the pearson textbook for the topic; i think _gcx posted it somewhere
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It was changed in January of 2018.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...amendments.pdf
Pangol
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There is an insert for this topic, which you are expected to have studied. I've attached it.

Note that you are not expected to know how to deal with integrals that come to inverse trig functions, like example 14 of the Pearson text book (page 305).
sotor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it should be, in the OCR textbook there is only 1 exercise on it which has 4 questions. definately seems like an after thought, but you do have to know how to do it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads