LSE Exam day procedures

Watch this thread
lsestudent2019
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all,

It's exam week - haven't had much info from the department.

What are the procedures? Are students spread across multiple buildings? AKA, we're mixed in with other courses taking exams at the same time? UG and PG? How early should we be there? etc.
ChangeOurWorld
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lsestudent2019)
Hi all,

It's exam week - haven't had much info from the department.

What are the procedures? Are students spread across multiple buildings? AKA, we're mixed in with other courses taking exams at the same time? UG and PG? How early should we be there? etc.
First of all, I'm jealous that you haven't started your exams yet. I started mine a while ago!
I believe exams either start at 10:00 or 14:30, make sure you know what time your exam is and where it is.

Things you need to bring:
1. Your Student ID card (this is essential to get you into the building and the exam inviglatos need to see it whilst you're sitting the exam)
- If you've lost your ID go to Student Services Centres and buy a new one, if you've lost it on the day of the exam bring another piece of photographic ID)
2. A print out of your exam timetable with your candidate number on it (it's on LFY you should also have been given an email about it). This needs to have no annotations on it.

3) Black or Blue pens OR pencils (they try and dissuade you from this) AND a calculator if you need it for your exam.

Those are the only two things you need. If you bring a water bottle make sure it is see-through and the wrapper is completly off the bottle.

Procedures:
Exams take place across campus, mainly in NAB, The Towers (Pankhurst etc...) and Clement House. You will be in an exam (if you don't have any adjustments) with other people taking that exam AND maybe another exam. They put exams together that are the same length so there's no disruption. Yes there is sometimes a mix of undergraduate and postgraduate exams. Last year I sat a 2nd year geography module and other people in my exam were sitting a postgraduate economic history exam.

Access to the building is restricted prior to the exam, you can only enter 30 minutes prior and you'll only be allowed access to the room around 15 minutes before hand.

Phones have to be off and under your desk, same with smart watches. They cannot be in your bag.

I'm sorry you haven't heard much about the procedures, hope this helped
Last edited by ChangeOurWorld; 3 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (41)
32.03%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (59)
46.09%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.78%

Watched Threads