The Student Room Group

Relationship Comitment (WLW but I'll take advice from anyone)

Me and my girlfriend are only 13+14 but I really like her. There are many complications to this relationship including:
1) Both of us not being out to out parents,
2) Her parents are literally going to marry her off when she is old enough and think all she will do is house work. And they are VERY strict,
3) We are both way too awkward,

Most importantly, 4) She is having a really hard time with her mental health, she can't get any help because of no.2 and she is self harming as well. I want to be there for her but she never really talks about it with me and she just isn't doing great. She is often talking in private with another friend. (but this isn't about jealousy)

I really like her but we have been going out for almost 7 weeks and we have never even gone on a date because of her not wanting to go out and her parents not letting her. We don't even text and we only actually talk in school. (oh yeah did i say we are in the same friendship group. yay.) I know its horrible of me to think this but it feels like she isn't putting any effort, even when we do talk its never just us, and she seems uncomfortable around me. I've even patient but honestly this is just emotionally exhausting.

I want to talk about it, but not over the phone. And the problem is that we never talk not over the phone. I don't even know what I would say.

Sorry this is so long but this is just so complicated. I don't want to break up but I don't know how we could work this out.
I know you really like her but I think she's going through a bit of a phase at the moment - this is what teens years are for. You're young, you don't truly know what you want and you're developing. It's not a bad thing, she just needs time to change on her own by the sounds of it. If I were you, I'd call it off and give her some breathing space. Let her get some help - if it's truly meant to be, you'll find a way to get back together and fate will make it happen.

Remember you're young and these next few years will be a whirlwind - so everything is not over because of this one girl. You will be ok! :yep:
Reply 2
Thanks, I think you're right and besides, we agreed when we started dating that if we ever broke up we wouldn't make it awkward and would stay friends. Now I just have to find a way to talk to her alone for once.
You are far too young for a serious relationship. You can just as easily support her whilst being a friend and obviously she needs someone to talk to at the moment. As the poster above me said, you may find yourselves getting back together in the future, you never know.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending